RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2024, 01:25:22 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Moments in Video Games 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Moments in Video Games  (Read 2411 times)
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« on: January 02, 2013, 03:50:38 AM »

Hey all, I am not sure if a topic like this exists, I tried to do a search but didn't find anything. If there is let me know.

I would like to hear what are your favorite moments in video games you have played.
They can be be funny, weird, frustrating, suspenseful, etc.  Just post them here.

I will start:

A funny moment I have is when playing Super Off-Road: The Baja for SNES, you would hit a deer, and it would scream like a person. It has got to be one of the most hilarious things I have experienced in a game.

Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 12:35:41 AM »

Many funny things in Toejam and Earl for the Genesis, starting with the intro ("you should never let Earl drive").  The Earthlings sure are weird!  Toejam going "tra la la" when he's walking around for too long without really doing anything.  Then when you play with another player, Earl's pants falling down was pretty funny too, along with several other things I'm sure I'm forgetting (its been a while since I played).

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 02:31:23 PM »

At the end of TJ&E there is a alien that rips on Sonic Smiley

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 03:28:26 PM »

Even though the game itself didn't play out quite the same scenario, in this trailer, when the E chord sounds and Cortana says her classic line, it still gets me.  Such a Halo fanboy Tongue

And here's the first gaming moment that made my teenage eyes well up in tears.  Yes, really.

And then there's pretty much all of Shadow of the Colossus.  An interactive meditation on loss if there ever was one.

Keelah se'lai
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 04:03:24 PM »

I remember playing Hard Drivin' and learning you could hit the cow and it would moo. I probably never tried to actually race after that point.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 07:30:07 PM »

bongo drum solos in age of empires II
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 07:45:31 PM »

My favorite moment wasn't within the game itself, it was what my friend did to himself physically that still makes me laugh many years later.

I can't remember what game we were playing but it was a one player game where we kept passing the controller around to each other after every level. I remember my friend was stuck on a certain part of the game and after much frustration of failing dozens of times he decided it was best to vent his frustration by smashing the PS2 controller on his forehead at full force.

Needless to say the controller snapped in half as it was crushed on his head and part of the sharp plastic edge from the broken controller left a large bloody gash on his forehead. A gash which lasted for months. He wasn't the brightest person.    
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 08:05:33 PM by Razor Knuckles » Logged
InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 07:50:43 PM »

The first three things that come to mind for me are:

- The opera scene in FF6
- The reveal of Rapture in Bioshock
- The ending of Red Dead Redemption

All of these really left a big impression on me.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 10:17:46 PM »

The end of The Walking Dead. I couldn't get that story out of my head for a few days.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 10:43:02 PM »

Last year when I was playing NARC for the first time I didn't realize you had a rocket launcher and accidently shot a rocket off. After watching an enemy explode into a gory 8-bit mess I paused the game and was thinking "wft just happened!", "I must be imagining things....". I REALLY didn't see that coming and its pretty awesome!!

I've got tons of more moments, but I'll try and narrow it down to just a few for now.

The cut scene in FFIX when your airship is escaping from one of the Waltz is pretty much my favorite cut scene in any game ever. FFIX was the first PS game I bought when I got the system and the first RPG I really got invested in and that scene just blew my mind when I first saw it. Even today I think its really great.

First game that creeped me out was Castlevania II Simon's Quest. Those towns were just so empty and desolate and foreboding that they gave 6-7 year old me the willies. My friend and I never got very far into the game, but we loved exploring the world and trying to figure out where everyone was and what had happened to them.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 04:32:34 AM »

forgot to mention so many funny moments in worms Armageddon, 2, and reloaded.
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 06:50:09 AM »

I once met Redd Foxx and Demond Wilson in Quest For Glory 3, which I already posted about in another thread. lol. It rocked my world, since part of my Username comes from Redd Foxx, who is my favorite comedian.

[img width=300 height=70]https://image.ibb.co/fSULkF/Signature_zpsfvzatdip.png[/img]
SideshowSam
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 03:49:34 PM »

This made me cry big crocodile tears as a kid.... yeah that's right... as a kid.

DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT, I'M A MAN!  MAN MODE!
jansolee66
Donor

Stats
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2013, 04:13:00 PM »

Moments I'll remember:

-The first time I saw Bowser in SMB on Christmas day, 1987. My sister was the one who beat him.
-Playing Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine vs mode for ~20 hours straight
-Going to my friend's birthday party and having him run through all of the FFVII summons
-An entire room filled with 12-13 year-old kids jumping as a creature came down from the ceiling in Resident Evil
-Getting called over when my roommate first entered a boss fight in Shadow of the Colossus and watching in awe
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2013, 05:32:34 PM »

Pretty much discovering every nook and cranny in Symphony of the Night is one giant memory that I can't forget. Such fun me and my friend had with that game.

Playing Jedi Power Battles with my autistic neighbor and he getting better at it than me was also a good one.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length