RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 19, 2024, 04:17:28 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | NES Game Manuals with a star 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: NES Game Manuals with a star  (Read 4431 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 09:29:51 PM »

^^^^^
And that is a perfect example of one huge problem i have with some of the variants being added.

Since no one is opening a sealed copy of many of these games there is no way to be 100% sure what might go with what.

Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 10:05:00 PM »

Yep, although, I did find a link that someone on NintendoAge posted that contained a list of all the NES games and what was included(manuals, posters, inserts, etc.).  I am not sure if it listed the variants or not though.

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 10:33:02 PM »

There are various community threads doing the same thing with 3DO and Genesis as well. The Nintendo one was pretty interesting, though.

Zing
N-Gage
Canada

Stats
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 08:02:42 PM »

^^^^^
And that is a perfect example of one huge problem i have with some of the variants being added.

Since no one is opening a sealed copy of many of these games there is no way to be 100% sure what might go with what.

Sure there is. The seal of quality in the manual always matches the seal on the cart. New part numbers are not issued for this variation, so if you are trying to acquire a particular variant, you have to have the seller take a look inside the cover.
Zing
N-Gage
Canada

Stats
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2013, 08:05:08 PM »

The star signifies that the warning against using the game with a projection TV is present.

Zing, where did you find that information at? Do you know when that practice started?

I discovered this from my personal research as well as confirming reports from Nintendo-Age.

As for when the practice started, I could give you an estimate if I find the related issue of Nintendo Power. I've been re-reading all the issues and recently read an issue from 1991 that mentions this warning being added to all games. I'll check later.
Zing
N-Gage
Canada

Stats
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2013, 08:08:53 PM »

Dragon Warrior doesn't have a manual variation...

Dragon Warrior has two manual variations. The only difference is the seal of quality and the rear projection warning. They both have the oval seal, but one has tm next to it, and the other has (r). Also, the latter one has the star. Another note is that the (r) version is from the revision 1.1 of the game ROM. This is an "easy" way to tell from the front of the cart if it is the fixed version of the game.
Hungrymoose
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2013, 02:09:22 PM »

Yep, although, I did find a link that someone on NintendoAge posted that contained a list of all the NES games and what was included(manuals, posters, inserts, etc.).  I am not sure if it listed the variants or not though.
Would you mind posting that link here? Cheesy

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2013, 02:18:26 PM »

^^^^^

Sure there is. The seal of quality in the manual always matches the seal on the cart. New part numbers are not issued for this variation, so if you are trying to acquire a particular variant, you have to have the seller take a look inside the cover.

I was referencing this:
I was going through each CIB NES game and making sure the cart, box, and manual go together.  For example, I have a Bionic Commando box with the round seal, but the cart is an oval seal.

Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2013, 08:07:42 PM »

Here ya go Hungrymoose: http://www.gamefaqs.com/nes/916386-nes/faqs/49943

I was just using the Bionic Commando box/cart for an example.  That should be fairly easy to figure out.  I am happy as long as the seals match.

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length