RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 25, 2024, 07:57:48 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Any Musicians Here? 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Any Musicians Here?  (Read 3856 times)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« on: December 09, 2012, 11:37:01 AM »

I was just wondering if any RF Gen members are also musicians. I don't mean professional players, although that's always cool, but hobbyist musicians.

I play the bass. My current rig consists of a Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, a Moon fretless, and Rickenbacker 4001 from 1976. To get some sound of these monsters I have a Markbass Little Mark II and matching 2x10 cabinet.

So, if you play an instrument chime in. Let us know about your set up, maybe even show a picture. Maybe if there are enough of us who play we can start up some kind of RF Gen House Band.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 11:43:18 AM »

My wife used to be in band (played percussion and clarinet) and owns 2 different guitars...

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 12:23:21 PM »

I can play the violin. I'm quite good at it, the thing with me is that I'm an audible learner and can play any music I hear without the use of music sheets.

My music teachers always wondered why I never looked at the notes on the sheet while I played. They never understood that I could memorize music instantly.

But my violin that I have currently is an Antonio Stradivarius violin from the late 1800's. It was my great grand fathers violin he purchased in Europe before he came to the states. Now it's in my possession. 
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 12:39:41 PM »

My wife used to be in band (played percussion and clarinet) and owns 2 different guitars...

That's pretty cool! Did they ever make any recordings?

@Razor, I wish I could play by ear. I just go by the key and general feel of the piece. And wow, a Strad... You're one lucky guy.

InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 01:12:44 PM »

I do some occasional work as a singer/songwriter. I recorded a single last year at a really nice studio. It was a rather surreal experience, but it turned out great. You can listen to it here. I played everything except for the fiddle on 'Hard Times'.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 09:11:58 PM »

I used to play guitar years ago.  I started off with a Squire Strat and then moved to an Ibanez that I never really liked.  I now realize that I should have just bought that Jackson I was looking at, because my dislike of the Ibanez is what made me stop playing.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 10:05:15 PM »

That's too bad, blcklblskt. You should have have traded in that Ibanez to get the Jackson you always wanted. Any thoughts of picking up the guitar again?

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 10:22:11 PM »

That's too bad, blcklblskt. You should have have traded in that Ibanez to get the Jackson you always wanted. Any thoughts of picking up the guitar again?

Maybe.  I've always loved the guitar, but I don't have time for it anymore as it is.
Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 10:49:38 PM »

Have 4 guitars - 2 acoustic, 2 electric (Fender Strat & Silvertone Les Paul).  Play drums a little.  
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 10:51:47 PM by Techie413 » Logged

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 12:47:21 AM »

I'm lead vocals and rhythm guitar in our band, No More Nevermind.  I also play hand percussion and dabble in electronica and techno.  My main axe switches often; I was using an Epiphone for awhile, but our lead guitarist picked us up an electric-acoustic LAG, some relatively new French series that has a surprisingly rich tone for what it is.  When I solo I play around on my beloved's Ovation or my family heirloom Martin, if I want to destroy my fingertips. Tongue  We have a decent Strata-copy for more jazzy riffs or harder, pedal driven stuff.

I gotta get back into our practice room...

Keelah se'lai
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 02:31:39 AM »

Play a mean zorbit.

When shall his new form be revealed?
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 12:48:10 PM »

Play a mean zorbit.

I, uh, I had to look that up.  And now I know that if we are the only two people in the room, I do not want you to demonstrate your talents. :/

Keelah se'lai
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 05:33:19 PM »

Prefer to do it in front of a crowd?

When shall his new form be revealed?
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 08:11:06 PM »

But my violin that I have currently is an Antonio Stradivarius violin from the late 1800's. It was my great grand fathers violin he purchased in Europe before he came to the states. Now it's in my possession.  

Interesting. But how can that be a "real" Stradivarius? He died in 1737 according to wikipedia. Just wondering.
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2012, 09:00:54 PM »

Interesting. But how can that be a "real" Stradivarius? He died in 1737 according to wikipedia. Just wondering.

Antonio Stradivarius is the name of the company based on the founder Antonio Stradivari. Just cause the founder dies doesn't mean the company goes with it.

Heres the origanal leather case. As you can see the sheer age of over 120 years has got to it.
[img width=700 height=525]http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w462/RazorKnuckles/vionon001.jpg[/img]

This has always been a restoration project that I never seem to get around to. But early next year I will get a bridge and four strings installed on it along with a horse hair replaicment to the original bow.
[img width=700 height=525]http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w462/RazorKnuckles/vionon008.jpg[/img]

Got a half-assed picture of the inside. Camera doesn't like to focus on the lettering very well. Been a while since I looked inside. Says Antonius Stradivarius, maybe the name is pronounced differently in other countries.
[img width=700 height=525]http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w462/RazorKnuckles/anti035.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 10:10:47 PM by Razor Knuckles » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length