RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 09:14:51 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | The Pub is a lousy name 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print
Author Topic: The Pub is a lousy name  (Read 15373 times)
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2005, 03:35:28 PM »

all right then, if we ever meet we'll have a couple sodas or perhaps some chocalate milk.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2005, 03:38:01 PM »

Mmmmm.  Now you're talking!  I'm always trying out new kinds of soda from all over the world.  Thank goodness for all of the imports available at Jungle Jim's here in Cincy.

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2005, 04:01:01 PM »

Soda is pretty bad for you too. Better stick to fresh water. Or, for those cold days, hot water.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2005, 04:04:54 PM »

I drink cold water all day. I can't say I've ever drank hot water though.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2005, 04:06:00 PM »

But by doing so you would be killing everything on the face of the planet.  In order to rid the world of alcohol, you must rid the world of yeast.  Eventually everything that feeds on yeast will die off, and then everything that feeds on that will die off, until humans are forced to become vegetarians, which would kill most of us off.  Except for California that is.

Oh, and jungle jims wrox.  If only you were allowed to take pictures inside.  And it could be a little closer too, i hate the 50 minute drive out there.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2005, 04:06:55 PM by hydrobond » Logged

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2005, 04:13:48 PM »

Rather than get rid of yeast (unleavened bread sucks) why not get rid of all the other thngs that make alcohol?

Actually that is damn near everything.

You know what this is why prohiition didn't work. Im getting my booze from Canada!

(BTW ICB is a kick ass soda company)

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2005, 04:31:40 PM »

Okay, I'd wish for alcohol to taste even nastier than it does already, and for it to kill humans instantly upon ingestion.  All the other creatures of the earth can continue to live off of it.  That better?

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2005, 05:52:33 PM »

Except rubbing alcohol, which I need for cleaning my games.

That could be good after awhile.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2005, 06:10:59 PM »

Izret - are you talking about IBC?  And if so, yes they are awesome, at least for root beet, cream soda and black cherry.  Their other offerings are not as good.

Rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) is really bad, don't drink it. It is a different chemical, but still from the alcohol family.  (Mind you, this family includes ethenol and methanol.)

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2005, 06:31:49 PM »

Ahh yes curse my dislexic fingers. The rootbeer and cream soda are rather amazing

And i was reading something about an alcoholic who went into a wicked bad withdrawl and decided it would be a good idea to drink some isopropyl alcohol. (Peroxide is the same thing or similair correct?)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2005, 06:32:32 PM by IZRET101 » Logged

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2005, 07:42:49 PM »

Rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) is really bad, don't drink it. It is a different chemical, but still from the alcohol family.  (Mind you, this family includes ethenol and methanol.)

I was joking.

Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2005, 09:54:18 PM »

Soda is pretty bad for you too. Better stick to fresh water. Or, for those cold days, hot water.

I try to drink as much (if not more) water as I do pop.  I'm not always successful.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2005, 06:14:41 AM »

Ahh yes curse my dislexic fingers. The rootbeer and cream soda are rather amazing

And i was reading something about an alcoholic who went into a wicked bad withdrawl and decided it would be a good idea to drink some isopropyl alcohol. (Peroxide is the same thing or similair correct?)

You should try their black cherry soda, its heavenly.  But it will leave your teeth purple.  

Hydrogen Peroxide is different but is still used for cleaning.  Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't also used in hospitals for wounds.  I belive it is also used to force vomiting.  

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2005, 07:46:37 AM »

Dunno about cleaning, but hydrogen peroxide can be poured in your ears to release pressure and force them to "pop" when changing altitude.  If you ever fly or go to the mountains, and your ears refuse to pop, this can be very painful.  Hydrogen peroxide can really do the trick.  I've also had to use it once or twice when I got ear infections.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2005, 08:55:31 AM »

@Nep - read it and weap!
http://www.weeklyworldnew...s/chamber/61575?printer=1

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length