RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 18, 2024, 03:14:40 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | The Last Story 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: The Last Story  (Read 50528 times)
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2012, 07:34:01 AM »

I finally had a chance to start. I made it to Chapter 7. The combat is decent, and I have to agree that the crossbow controls could have been more interactive than press A. I'm looking forward to continuing the story tonight.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2012, 08:39:17 AM »

Cool to have you on board Addicted!

It looks like some people have already reach the first weekly cut-off point. I guess I've got some catching up to do, but first I want to try out the arena.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2012, 05:46:37 AM »

The cool thing about a weekly goal is others can drop in at any time and still catch up.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2012, 09:25:30 AM »

The Last Story: Made it up to chapter 7.  Enjoying it and can't wait to continue the story.  (I wonder how many people peeked in Chapter 5)

i peeked Wink but then tried the other option and that one was surprisingly more interesting (and funny).

lol, I peeked too, but now you have me quite curious about the other option. Did you guys touch after that or just talk? Apparently I'm a perv because I peeked and touched!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2012, 10:06:34 AM »

I tried the touch option twice before I selected talk. Some of the choices in this game remind me of Leisure Suit Larry.

@Fleach: Glad to be able to play this game as a group.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2012, 01:58:05 PM »

Are we talking about the Stargazer's Tower scene?

Say, does anyone else find Zael a nice guy, but a little wimpy? Maybe he's too much of a nice guy.

Since we have a decent number of people playing this game we should all try the online features.

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2012, 03:14:31 PM »

Say, does anyone else find Zael a nice guy, but a little wimpy? Maybe he's too much of a nice guy.

Something about his get up reminds me of Rob Thomas...
Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2012, 10:49:24 PM »

Just made it to chapter 12 and... my opinion hasn't really changed. Some of the new abilities change battle up a bit but it still feels a little lackluster at times, I'm not sure but I feel like I'm doing very little in battle aside from pointing Rob in the right direction and holding forward.

Characters, Voices and Graphics are all still to my liking though. 

The story-line has me going back and forth though. It's played to a few RPG Cliches and avoided some major ones as well. And at this point... I would say more but I can't use the spoiler tag for some reason Tongue
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2012, 12:40:44 AM »

Sorry - you don't have the proper permissions to post spoilers.
Yeah, I get hit with this error if I try. Is it the same on your end?

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2012, 12:45:10 AM »

The Last Story: Made it up to chapter 7.  Enjoying it and can't wait to continue the story.  (I wonder how many people peeked in Chapter 5)

i peeked Wink but then tried the other option and that one was surprisingly more interesting (and funny).

lol, I peeked too, but now you have me quite curious about the other option. Did you guys touch after that or just talk? Apparently I'm a perv because I peeked and touched!

i've been busy actually and having done anything past that one bath part, so i didn't get to the touch or not option yet lol. here's a video of the other option at the bath (skip to 2:25)
DON'T WATCH IF YOU DON'T WANT TO RISK SPOILERS FOR THOSE NOT AT CHAPTER5 just saying Wink .
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2012, 08:05:21 AM »

Just made it to Chapter 12. The story does open up but I made the game too easy by spending too much time at the arena. It does suffer some major slowdown during the arena battles as well. Spoiler permission error with me as well.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 08:07:35 AM by Addicted » Logged

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2012, 08:14:15 AM »

I remember this haha. I was being a complete gentleman too up to this point when a little voice popped in my head and said. "It's just a game, what's the harm of peeking."

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2012, 09:09:53 AM »

Sorry - you don't have the proper permissions to post spoilers.
Yeah, I get hit with this error if I try. Is it the same on your end?

Yup
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2012, 11:49:22 AM »

Made it to Chapter 16. I'm trying to play a little further as I'm going on vacation this week and won't be able to play until after Christmas.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2012, 03:32:05 PM »

I'm on the chapter where you have to rescue your buddies on the warship. I know this probably means I'm well behind everyone else, but I just haven't had much time to play lately.

The story is getting more interesting now and Zael seems a bit less wimpy. I'm enjoying the battle system quite a lot now that I've unlocked the tactical command issuing feature. This will make things a lot more interesting.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length