RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2024, 03:15:21 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | If anyone cares, Attack of the Show is being canceled. X-Play too. 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: If anyone cares, Attack of the Show is being canceled. X-Play too.  (Read 3634 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 03:01:15 PM »

That reminds me Webb copped out on that Playboy spread she won.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 04:40:05 PM »

I've never liked X-Play.  I know that lots of people enjoy the snarkiness and sarcasm but I really can't stand it.  I've been told by people who have worked with him that Sessler is really a good guy so I'm glad he landed on his feet.

Pretty much.  They tried to make their reviews entertaining by adding stupid wise cracking jokes and really did a good job of making it as lame as possible.  They tried revamping it a couple times, but it never really worked.   I like Sessler, but Morgan Manjaw came off as c***y 100% of the time.

As for AOTS, Candace Bailey was the final nail in the coffin for that show.  What an annoying brat she is...id like to meet the guy that decided she was the best fit after Olivia bailed.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 05:11:43 PM »

I didn't watch the shows that often, but I did like both shows.  I stopped watching the channel regularly around 10 years ago (same as most people).  Back in the day I loved that channel.  The reruns of Starcade, the MMO show they had and old episodes of X-Play were ALWAYS on when I was at home.

I'll miss them.  I still hope that another video game centric channel will pop up eventually.  I doubt it, but a man can hope.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 09:45:02 PM »

I've never liked X-Play.  I know that lots of people enjoy the snarkiness and sarcasm but I really can't stand it.  I've been told by people who have worked with him that Sessler is really a good guy so I'm glad he landed on his feet.

Pretty much.  They tried to make their reviews entertaining by adding stupid wise cracking jokes and really did a good job of making it as lame as possible.  They tried revamping it a couple times, but it never really worked.   I like Sessler, but Morgan Manjaw came off as c***y 100% of the time.

As for AOTS, Candace Bailey was the final nail in the coffin for that show.  What an annoying brat she is...id like to meet the guy that decided she was the best fit after Olivia bailed.

I liked the chick before Morgan. Nerdy red-head

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 12:34:28 PM »

G4 stopped being good before i was old enough to drive.
So 8 years ago?

This, it was best when it was TechTv

I agree with this. I use to watch it back then. After they merged I stopped watching.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 05:30:30 PM »

G4 stopped being good before i was old enough to drive.
So 8 years ago?

Agreed. It started sucking when both channels merged.  I guit watching when that happened.  Both were awesome before that.

This, it was best when it was TechTv

I agree with this. I use to watch it back then. After they merged I stopped watching.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 05:31:41 PM »

I never had TechTV or G4, so I feel nothing about this news.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 06:15:44 PM »

i only ever watched it 2 or 3 times, and that was recently so i guess that was the bad times. i thought it was ok but not something i would watch regularly. not much loss here Tongue
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2012, 08:48:52 PM »

Never understood the appeal of Olivia Munn so much on that show.  She certainly is hot, but man that girl has some personality issues.  Far too many for me to find her entertaining.  No, AoTS died when Sarah Lane and the excessive amount of sketches left in '06.

Oh, and bring back Leo!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 08:50:30 PM by bombatomba » Logged

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2012, 11:15:28 AM »

I thought the chemistry between Kevin and Olivia was very good.  They could throw a conversation back and forth very naturally and Olivia would roll with anything.  And for the first few years she was on the show she was dynamite sexy looking.  They turned down her sex appeal after awhile, god knows why. 

Candace, on the other hand, would just balk at everything Kevin said that was even remotely vulgar.   Even if it wasn't she wouldn't say much of anything at all in response, then just shake her head like he was "crazy", give him a yuck face, and continue reading the teleprompt.  She added NOTHING to the show.  Why she was chosen over Alison Haislip I'll never understand.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length