RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 30, 2024, 03:24:47 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | RetroRage's pixel art thread 0 Members and 25 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: RetroRage's pixel art thread  (Read 9165 times)
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« on: November 20, 2012, 12:36:10 AM »

I haven't been able to collect at all for the passed couple months, and I probably wont be able to for quite some time.  Turns out weddings are expensive, and according to her a little more "important".   psh whatever....

So I've found an outlet to fill the vacuum of games that haven't been flowing in like I'd like them to.  In addition to collecting retro games, i've been drawing since I was old enough to hold a pencil, mostly comic book style stuff, super heroes and what not.  But I found a new medium of art, and I couldn't be happier with how my latest project is turning out.

[img width=700 height=933]http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w365/adsanislo/20121119_195727.jpg[/img]

I've fallen in love with making pixel art with perler beads.  This project has taken a very long time to accomplish, and it's still not quite done.  +30 hours of work, 15,000 perler beads, and a lot of back pain.

It still needs to be framed, and from there I'm sending it to a guy that owns a video game store in Florida.  He's going to display it in his store for me Smiley  My goal is to be a vendor at an expo one day, and hopefully this is a huge step in that direction.

If anyone is interested in a piece of their own, lemmie know and I'll knock something out for you!

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 12:49:46 AM »

That's awesome.

When shall his new form be revealed?
RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 12:54:27 AM »

The picture doesn't do it justice.  It looks much better in person

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 12:57:32 AM »

Well you don't have to rub it in.

When shall his new form be revealed?
RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 12:58:48 AM »

lol sorry I'm just really proud of it.  I can't wait to start my next one

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 05:06:51 PM »

When I started reading this, I was imagining you were talking about perler beads, but when I saw your photo, I thought I was wrong. I thought it was a painting or something. I've seen a lot of perler bead pixel art in the past, but this is truly amazing, it doesn't even look like beads.
How big is the overall dimensions? It must be pretty big to get that kind of detail.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 05:20:31 PM »

^
What he said.

To break the ice for people who might be interested in getting some made.
What kind of pricing are you asking for various sizes?

RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 06:16:58 PM »

This thing is monstrous.  Its 2'x2'1/2".  I don't think i would make something of this size again unless the price was worth it.

As for pricing of various sizes, I'm not sure yet.  I'm not trying to get rich off it, its more of a labor of love kinda thing.  So pricing would depend on what you'd want to see, the materials it takes, all that fun stuff.  Throw me an idea and we can work something out.

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 07:07:47 PM »

Looks awesome!
I have a (approximately) 2' 1/2" Samus on my metroid wall. The artist charged me around $40 but she threw in a metroid as well and the art is original so I didn't feel ripped off.
RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 07:24:42 PM »

Looks awesome!
I have a (approximately) 2' 1/2" Samus on my metroid wall. The artist charged me around $40 but she threw in a metroid as well and the art is original so I didn't feel ripped off.

Made out of perler beads, or is it a painting?

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 07:32:14 PM »

Thats just friggin' amazing. I really didn't notice any beads, their so tightly packed they look flush with each other. And I didn't realize it was that big of a piece. Great job so far  RetroRage.
RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 07:40:12 PM »

The beads melt together, and if you do it just right they melt into perfect squares, just like pixels

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 07:54:25 PM »

Looks awesome!

Made out of perler beads, or is it a painting?

Beads

[img width=700 height=933]http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u612/silentscythe99/IMG_20121120_184536.jpg[/img]
RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 08:01:16 PM »

Holy cow that's a fantastic piece.  Is that from a game or is that the artists' original design?

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 08:08:04 PM »

It's not from a game but I don't think the bead artist designed it herself either.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length