RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 16, 2024, 11:34:04 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Favorite NHL Games 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Favorite NHL Games  (Read 5438 times)
SideshowSam
N-Gage

Stats
« on: November 18, 2012, 10:09:17 AM »

Hopefully we have some hockey fans round here who can chime in  Tongue

After grabbing a copy of NHL 94 on the Genesis, I'm reminded of how much I loved NHL games when I was a kid.  Looking back though, I missed a TON of EA and 2k2 titles, etc, and I'm not sure which ones were worth checking out.

Anybody have any favorite NHL titles that stick out in their mind?  Anywhere from NES Ice hockey to NHL 13, its all good.
Deafens Proner
Sega Genesis
Brazil

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 11:01:26 AM »

Blades of Steel (NES)

I'm not a big hockey fan - I'm from Brazil and this sport is not very popular around here - but I had a great time playing this one back in the days.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 12:20:50 PM »

blades of steel is really fun
SideshowSam
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 01:26:20 PM »

oh cool, I haven't played that one, and its nes too!  good stuff
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 08:13:09 PM »

I really enjoyed NHL '94 on the Mega-CD... I also spent a crazy amount of time playing NHL All-Star Hockey on Saturn using the 3rd person view to immerse myself in the action. Don't know if I could still recommend that one though as it doesn't look like it has aged well.

noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 08:14:52 PM »

yeah NHL 94 rules. NHL 06 is great too, as it kind of takes 94 as inspiration.

Oh and Ice Hockey on NES.

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 08:42:44 PM »

Yeah NHL '94 was a huge hit with me. Me and my friends logged so many hours into that game and played it many years to come after that.

NHL Hitz was another game me and my friends played a lot too. Put a nice twist on the game.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 09:53:15 PM »

A lot of people hate Stanley Cup on the SNES but I thought it was awesome and still find it to be pretty playable.

SideshowSam
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 11:53:58 PM »

good stuff, good suggestions for sure.  I actually just picked up a copy of Stanley cup in a craigslist lot the other day.  Its pretty good, but the big beef I had with it was the players with no names.  dumb licensing stuff i'm sure >_>

Oh and that camera... wowza
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 12:25:46 AM »

NHL 95 was the hockey game my friends and I played the hell out of.

InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 11:10:57 AM »

One of my absolute favorite 'games nobody knows about' of all time is NHL Rock The Rink for the original Playstation. Super fast-paced arcade style hockey with weird power-ups. It's fantastic and I guarantee you can find a super cheap copy somewhere.

I'm also partial to NHL Hitz Pro for PS2/Xbox. I have a friend that was a playable...er, player in NHL 09, so I'm a fan of that one as well.

two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 08:25:14 PM »

Rock the rink was amazing, I forgot about that game.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 10:07:30 PM »

Mutant League Hockey for the Genesis was a blast.  A little trickier to find but well worth it. 

Blades of Steel for the NES will be played every year for the rest of my life.

NHL 94 for the Sega CD was the first time I saw FMV in a hockey game and that stuck with me.

The FMV intro for NHL 98 on the PSX is AWESOME.  Especially if you love or hate death metal.  Play it, you'll see what I mean.

NHL 2K7 for 360 had a really interesting "cinemotion" mode where there was no play by play announcers, but a musical score would play over the game reacting to the dramatic moments in the game.

SideshowSam
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 10:53:01 PM »

The FMV intro for NHL 98 on the PSX is AWESOME.  Especially if you love or hate death metal.  Play it, you'll see what I mean.

wow... just watched the intro on youtube, and it was epic.

NHL 99 was my favorite intro.  It was kinda in 2 parts.  Really mellow in the first half, and then totally explosive!

One of my absolute favorite 'games nobody knows about' of all time is NHL Rock The Rink for the original Playstation. Super fast-paced arcade style hockey with weird power-ups. It's fantastic and I guarantee you can find a super cheap copy somewhere.\

never played/heard of it, but I'll check it out for sure
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2012, 11:09:10 PM »

I can't believe how well the NHL 98 intro holds up.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length