RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 25, 2024, 05:19:08 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Disney Buys Lucasfilm for $4B, Targets Star Wars: Episode 7 for 2015 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Disney Buys Lucasfilm for $4B, Targets Star Wars: Episode 7 for 2015  (Read 4068 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2012, 10:09:19 PM »

My worst fear for Star Wars new episodes:

[img width=480 height=353]http://i.imgur.com/0Rekj.jpg[/img]

This is possibly the most disturbing picture I've ever seen....

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2012, 10:48:53 PM »

Something i noticed the other day at the mall (since i so rarely actually enter the mall.)

There was a gigantic Droid ad that had Lucas Films mentioned at the bottom so i did a quick search and found this:
http://www.geeksugar.com/...-Pays-Fee-License-6051336

Disney gets payed for cellphones now too lulz

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2012, 01:21:51 PM »

Good lord.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Deafens Proner
Sega Genesis
Brazil

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2012, 10:56:53 AM »

Good news/Bad news. I was kind of scared when I woke to the rumor that Colin Trevorrow may very well be the director of Disney's Star Wars: Episode VII. Who is Colin Trevorrow you ask? He's the guy who directed Safety Not Guaranteed. What's Safety Not Guaranteed you ask? It's that hipster fest on 35mm about a guy who puts an ad in Craiglist about time travel and an unenthused Aubrey Plaza shows up. This is not exactly the guy you want handling Han Solo, but some mysterious tweets from Trevorrow late this past summer ("...For all those who love the mythology that I will be tackling, trust that I love it as much as you do. And I will respect it, and hopefully make it not suck") led some to believe that he was shortlisted for the job. He has thankfully confirmed....NO.

Whew. But, I also said there was some bad news. Brad Bird, who showed that he could handle live-action (M:I Ghost Protocol) as well as animated (The Incredibles) confirmed that he will be working on his George Clooney-starring Tesla sci-fi film 1952 and not tackling Episode VII.

So listen, like I said, good news and bad news. But we know Michael Arndt will be tackling the script for the new trilogy so as one director after another confirms they won't be directing the movie, sooner or later there will be one director left in Hollywood who will have to accept the job.

And now listen to the cast of Star Wars sing 'Call Me Maybe.'

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2012, 12:29:58 PM »

I hope Zach Snyder gets it.

When shall his new form be revealed?
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2012, 09:40:04 AM »

When I first heard about this I was very disturbed.  Even thinking about the new level of homogenization Disney would bring to the Star Wars franchise was very distressing.  Child and teen actors from Disney sitcoms in Star Wars re-imaginings?  Then I remembered that dance scene added Return of the Jedi for the Special Edition.

I'm actually pretty excited to see what is brought to the table for Star Wars.  At the very least we won't be filling in gaps of knowledge with meaningless filth and fluff.  What can be worse than discovering that the ultimate bad guy (Darth Vader) became evil not because of ideology or beliefs, but because he was just some idiot kid that was really poor at making decisions?

Plus I like Star Trek better anyways, so...

ADDENDUM: According to an Escapist article I just read, the original screen writer for Empire, Jedi, and Raiders of the Lost Ark has been hired to write one of the new Disney Trilogy.  The other two writers?  The writer of Toy Story 3 (who is getting Episode 7)and the writer for X-Men 3.  Yep.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 06:20:25 PM by bombatomba » Logged

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Deafens Proner
Sega Genesis
Brazil

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2012, 08:17:15 AM »

The other two writers?  The writer of Toy Story 3 (who is getting Episode 7)and the writer for X-Men 3.  Yep.
X-Men 3?? Uhhmm, so basically is... AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHH yuck

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length