RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 26, 2024, 03:16:14 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Pikmin Memory Card??? 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Pikmin Memory Card???  (Read 1946 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: October 30, 2012, 03:11:27 PM »

I picked up a copy of Pikmin (GC) yesterday from a local retail store and when I opened it, there was a memory card with a Pikmin sticker on it inside.  Just curious, but did some of these games come with a special memory card, or was there a sticker in the materials that you could put on your card.  Can't find any information about this anywhere.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 03:14:18 PM »

I used to have one with a sticker on it. Can't remember what it was. I think it was Harvest Moon or Animal Crossing sticker. So to answer your question I would say yeah they put various stickers on them.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 03:15:41 PM »

And so....the card came with the game, or there was a sticker in the materials to add to your own card.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 03:19:27 PM »

I don't know much more than you do about the sticker variant memory cards. I bought the memory card used so I don't know if it originally came with the game.  I thought someone just slapped a little sticker on it but since you mentioned it I guess they did come with the games.

Thats all I know.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 03:22:26 PM »

Yeah, it seems odd that there are random Pikmin stickers out there.  Not sure the title was that popular at release.  Anyway, hopefully we can figure this mystery out. Wink

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 03:24:10 PM »

I couldn't find anything about this either. None of the current ebay auctions that show the pack-in materials have a sticker sheet. Could possibly have been a sticker from something like Nintendo Power though. I actually have the NP issue at home that features Pikmin, so I can check when I'm home this weekend.

I used to have one with a sticker on it. Can't remember what it was. I think it was Harvest Moon or Animal Crossing sticker. So to answer your question I would say yeah they put various stickers on them.
Animal Crossing came with a 59 block card, I think its red/black in color.

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 03:24:57 PM »

I couldn't find anything about this either. None of the current ebay auctions that show the pack-in materials have a sticker sheet. Could possibly have been a sticker from something like Nintendo Power though. I actually have the NP issue at home that features Pikmin, so I can check when I'm home this weekend.

Animal Crossing came with a 59 block card, I think its red/black in color.

The Animal Crossing game came with a regular grey one. 59 blocks, just enough to play AC.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 03:28:14 PM »

As bickman stated Animal Crossing did come with a special memory card.  Kinda hard to see but it's on the front cover.

[img width=239 height=239]http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w462/RazorKnuckles/16.jpg[/img]
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 03:30:05 PM »

The sticker seems to be made for a memory card.  There is a Pikmin figure and underneath it are a few lines so you can write on the card.  I'll try and load a scan of it tonight.

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 03:31:48 PM »

Yeah the Animal Crossing sticker had a few lines for writing also.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 03:33:48 PM »

Does it look like the one on this image (ignore the red circle):
[img width=700 height=905]http://starmen.net/merchandise/images/npstickers1.png[/img]

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 03:35:15 PM »

Ha!  Yeah, the one on the upper left.  Nintendo Power sticker?  Mystery solved.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 12:05:50 AM »

the animal crossing one actually had in-game bonuses if you played the game with it. i don't remember everything, but i think it gave you 2 extra of the in-game emulated NES games
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2012, 08:17:19 PM »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I have that sticker somewhere from an issue of Nintendo Power.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length