RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 17, 2024, 05:33:20 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | I don't play that game! 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: I don't play that game!  (Read 7054 times)
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2012, 08:29:13 PM »

I never liked the Sonic franchise.

There, I said it!

I agree with this.
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2012, 09:15:42 PM »

I never liked the Sonic franchise.

There, I said it!

I agree with this.

At least have the common courtesy to explain why. It's like a COD fan saying that COD series is the best series ever created without explaining why.

I'm just curious why. Thats all.
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2012, 09:33:52 PM »

I have never played/watched any pokemon game or show EVER in my life.
Haoie
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 08:07:26 PM »

Sports and most racing.

Movie licenced titles I tend to also avoid.

If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2012, 11:35:14 PM »

Sports and most racing.

I'm not big on most racing titles myself, just Mario Kart and Moto Racer.

Oh, and I'm completely disinterested in any skateboarding and other X-TREME SPORTS games. Probably 'cuz most of the skateboarding types I knew in middle and high school were insufferable douches. Which probably explains why I love watching home videos of aspiring thrashers wiping out while attempting to pull off their fave tricks. The harder the fail, the better. Yeah, that's what you get when you try to defy gravity and common sense, you putz! Have fun getting your compound fracture set without any anaesthetic, asshat! AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Needless to say, I still have some anger issues to work out.

BTW I fibbed a little about not playing Pokemon games. I'll usually buy the Game Boy versions if they're cheap enough, play-test them for a while to see if they work properly, then flip 'em. While I might find the whole Pokemon thing downright repugnant, I'm not above reselling the games to willing buyers. Call me a whore if you must, but these bills ain't gonna pay themselves.
Quackula
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 08:50:33 AM »

Man most of this thread is really baffling to me. I can't think of a single game or genre that I'd outright refuse to play, especially for reasons like finding the fanbase annoying or something.
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2012, 10:46:57 AM »

At least have the common courtesy to explain why. It's like a COD fan saying that COD series is the best series ever created without explaining why.

Good point.  Well, here goes.

I've always hated how Sonic controls.  It feels like I was never completely in control of the character, and that it felt like Sonic was constantly walking on ice.  Granted, I've only spent time with the Genesis titles, but I'm sure the post Genesis titles won't change my mind much.

I've always preferred platformers like the DS Castlevania games or the Super Metroid games.  I feel like I have total control in the game and that the only reason I will die will be because of my error, not the control set-up.

Aside from Sonic, there aren't a whole lot of games that I would refuse to play.  I may not usually collect or buy sports games, but that certainly wouldn't prevent me from playing them.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2012, 05:45:01 PM »

Man most of this thread is really baffling to me. I can't think of a single game or genre that I'd outright refuse to play, especially for reasons like finding the fanbase annoying or something.

I must admit that my dislike of Pokemon due to my distaste for the ridiculously die-hard element of the fandom is somewhat silly. It's just that I was so heavily exposed to them during its heyday, it just skeeved me out to the point where I could never hope to enjoy it.

Maybe the Pokemon games are the greatest things ever made, and I'm missing out?

Naaahh...
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2012, 07:44:26 PM »

I must admit that my dislike of Pokemon due to my distaste for the ridiculously die-hard element of the fandom is somewhat silly. It's just that I was so heavily exposed to them during its heyday, it just skeeved me out to the point where I could never hope to enjoy it.

Maybe the Pokemon games are the greatest things ever made, and I'm missing out?

Naaahh...

Skylanders is basically Pokemon light :p

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2012, 09:20:18 PM »

I don't think I have an outright hate for much...wait...Gears of War can kinda rot in a pit, but thats just me Tongue

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2012, 09:29:52 PM »

*GASP*

YOU TAKE THAT BACK, OR I'M TELLING!

If you weren't recovering from that appendectomy, I'd be headin' up there to give you such a smack!

And hey, just 'cuz I yell out, "I choose you, Trigger Happy!" whenever I put him on the portal, and "It's super effective!" whenever I take out a level boss, that doesn't mean it's anything at all like Pokemon.

You big jerkface!  grrr
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2012, 09:40:38 PM »

The war FPS's like Call of Duty and its long lost cousin, Medal of Honor I wont play.  Im not against FPS's but the campaign never interested me and I'm not going anywhere NEAR the cesspool that is online multiplayer.
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2012, 11:28:09 PM »

This thread is just silly now. Saying why you hate something can piss another person off. But it's all in good fun.

But as much as a Sonic fan F**k that I am I can say I WILL NEVER play Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) or Sonic Unleashed, ever again! And belive me I tried to give them a chance.

The nightmares they caused me can never be healed.

Excuse me while I go into the corner of my room and cry.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2012, 12:26:30 AM »

Good point.  Well, here goes.

I've always hated how Sonic controls.  It feels like I was never completely in control of the character, and that it felt like Sonic was constantly walking on ice.  Granted, I've only spent time with the Genesis titles, but I'm sure the post Genesis titles won't change my mind much.

I've always preferred platformers like the DS Castlevania games or the Super Metroid games.  I feel like I have total control in the game and that the only reason I will die will be because of my error, not the control set-up.

Aside from Sonic, there aren't a whole lot of games that I would refuse to play.  I may not usually collect or buy sports games, but that certainly wouldn't prevent me from playing them.
No love for the original Bubsy either then I take it?

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2012, 08:19:47 AM »

No love for the original Bubsy either then I take it?

I've never had a chance to play it, so I'm not sure.

*GASP*

YOU TAKE THAT BACK, OR I'M TELLING!

If you weren't recovering from that appendectomy, I'd be headin' up there to give you such a smack!

And hey, just 'cuz I yell out, "I choose you, Trigger Happy!" whenever I put him on the portal, and "It's super effective!" whenever I take out a level boss, that doesn't mean it's anything at all like Pokemon.

You big jerkface!  grrr

I think Zag has secretly been playing Pokemon in between bouts of Skylanders...  ninja
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length