RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 19, 2024, 03:19:22 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | what should i buy? 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: subject says it all
wiiu
3DS xl
loads of games

Author Topic: what should i buy?  (Read 3349 times)
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« on: October 19, 2012, 06:14:16 AM »

After upgrading birth mine and my wife's phones this year I've got 2 with a combined trade in of about £250.

This got me thinking why don't I trade them at cex or Granger games and get a new console. Thing is I can't decide which is the better option a £160 handheld that won't drop in price for years or a £320 console thats not out yet and reviewed.......

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 07:07:45 AM »

I think what Nintendo is doing with the Wii U is pretty innovative, and I'm curious to see how the gamepad with its own screen will influence gameplay.

Not sure if I would give the Wii U my vote.

I'd say go with what will give you the most enjoyment and value out of the three options.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 07:11:56 AM »

I voted 3DS. Very nice system with some really great games. I'm sure Wii U wil be good, but 3DS is proven.

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 07:37:55 AM »

These are new system prices; even though the game prices will also go down, the most economic purchasing would, theoretically, be to buy several games you really want on sale. You get games you know you want, and its not as though either Nintendo system is going to 'Virtual Boy' any time soon ( in terms of price and availability.)

If it is between systems, 3DS already has some superb games out, and you could get more of them with the same amount of $.

Keelah se'lai
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 10:09:55 AM »

loads of games    

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 12:49:42 PM »

Wii U

Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 12:52:56 PM »

I'd buy lots of games.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 01:14:02 PM »

I'd buy one big awesome game that you've wanted for a long time, but couldn't justify the expense. Treat yourself to something nice.

But if you do buy a Wii U let me know so I can add you!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 01:20:21 PM »

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Deafens Proner
Sega Genesis
Brazil

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 03:32:16 PM »

Nintendo 3DS XL

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 04:08:52 PM »

I say to buy a bunch of games.  It would be more fun to play a bunch of games rather than buying a Wii U or 3DS XL.  Cheesy
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 07:02:12 PM »

So went to the shop thinking of buying loads of games. But bought exactly zero....

There are very few new/newish games I want and of them they aren't that cheap new or second hand. So I just walked out. I have to make uo my mind soon though as the price on my old phones won't stay so high for long.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 08:04:59 PM »

i would say go with a console, you might get more bang for your buck on games in the short term, but games are a lot cheaper than a console. it would be easy to get the same games some other time, and to have such a big chunk of the price taken out of a new console would make it feel much more satisfying to buy new.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2012, 12:47:11 AM »

If you're going to be upgrading your phones you may end up like me. I haven't really played a portable system since getting my iPhone. I think the Wii U would be a more solid choice.

Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2012, 02:49:21 AM »

If you're going to be upgrading your phones you may end up like me. I haven't really played a portable system since getting my iPhone. I think the Wii U would be a more solid choice.

Lol same really! Since getting the G1 I'm now on my 3rd android phone and for a quick blast on a game it's a lot easier than finding a charged DS then deciding what game....

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length