RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 26, 2024, 07:19:25 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Frazzled... 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Frazzled...  (Read 1610 times)
Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« on: October 08, 2012, 11:20:46 PM »

As I went for my (usually) evening walk tonight, a compact car drove by me very slowly at the end of the street. I crossed over right behind the car to walk past a couple of businesses and a couple of young idiots asked if I wanted any beer. I told them no and kept on going. They followed me into the parking lot, asking why I didn't want beer and the driver held a bottle out the window. After I said I didn't drink the driver asked if I smoked weed. At that point I had walked around the other side of one the business and entered, waiting for a few minutes before I figured those punks must've left.

My dad had sent me an e-mail from this local neighborhood Yahoo group and I'm awaiting confirmation to send in the above to them to warn neighbors (the message won't go through until you've joined the group), along with the hope of getting a license plate number off this car, unless it was just an isolated/one-time incident. If not, I'm sure getting some kind of Solicitation- and/or DWI-type charge filed against them (if they were indeed drinking/drunk or if they were just trying to sell drugs) would put an end to this kind of behavior in a hurry, and get them off the streets.

I actually had my digital recorder with me and turned it on in case they were dumb enough to threaten me with violence (which that alone is illegal, even if not carried out) for not accepting anything from them ("yo, take this beer or I'll kick your ass!"). It's 100% legal to record here in the state of Texas, they cost less than $100, and if you buy the correct model you can download the sound files onto a computer as well to be used later (in court) if you have to. If I wasn't a bit unnerved I would have thought to get their license plate number but I just wanted away from those morons. An employee from the business I ducked into (a restaurant) came out after me once I left (gee, nice for them to even ASK if I wanted a table or anything!  Roll Eyes ) to see what the deal was, so at least he was aware of the incident.

I wonder if these guys were so out of it they couldn't even figure out what city they were in? This is THE fourth largest city in the country, where a lot of people down here have guns. I could have pulled one out and shot him dead if I wanted to. Take a hint, stupid!

Oh well, people do stupid-assed things when they're drunk...like not being able to take no for an answer. The guy was a real big man for taking off once I went into the restaurant too  Roll Eyes Funny how that was.

Guess I'll have to take a different route for the next night or two. Too bad, as I've found money in that parking lot a few times, as well as the apartment parking lot on the next block over.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 11:23:00 PM by Vectorguy » Logged

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 11:24:59 PM »

Wow, people can be really garbage sometimes. Glad to hear you played it safe and everything turned out well in the end.

Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 11:36:48 PM »

Yep.  As the thread title suggests, it was a bit unnerving.  The guy two doors down was out walking his dog just now so I told him, so it's spreading around pretty quick.  I hope that e-mail confirmation comes in tomorrow so that can be sent around too, as it needs to go out in case these idiots are still trying to make a sale.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 05:40:52 PM »

They were drunk, right?  I wouldn't put too much thought into it.  Stuff like that happens occasionally by my buddy's house.  Perhaps my thoughts are influenced by my generation, but selling a small amount of weed isn't going to wreck your community.  I would definitely be concerned about hard drugs, but weed is (largely) harmless.  That being said, I don't smoke.  I just have no reason to be so against it.
Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 07:16:13 PM »

They were drunk, right?

The (dumbass) driver wasn't slurring his words, but yeah, he could've been, that or stoned.  I had thought of that, since he was so STUPID in not being able to take a hint to leave me alone!  (People do dumb things when they're drunk...and stoned.) And not to mention the fact that as this little incident drug on and on, that increased the chance of someone in the business next door (a Baskin and Robbins) could have been recording everything with a cell phone or dialing 911.  (I'm no expert on drug sales, but aren't you supposed to get the deal over with real quick and get away before getting busted?)

I would definitely be concerned about hard drugs, but weed is (largely) harmless. 

It's not too bad by itself, I'll admit, but it can lead to the heavier stuff, which is the problem.  (Hence why they were offering me a free beer, to try to get me to buy some of the more addictive stuff.)

Anyway, I resume my walks tonight.  Gonna be paranoid whenever a car comes by!

And btw, the people next door might have something to do with this.  They and I think some other party bought a new red compact car the other month.  It disappears for a few days at a time and then returns, hence why I think someone else is using it.  After waiting for several minutes and then leaving the restaurant, I came walking back, which the car was just pulling up to the house across the street from them, since the house is for sale and the owner lets them park there (not today though, since he returned from being out of town).  Two guys got out of the car...just like how there were two in the car that were harassing me.  Might have just been a coincidence but I don't think so.  It was dark and I wasn't really paying attention to details (as I just wanted out of there) so I didn't notice what color the car was.

Anyway, these people have been THE worst neighbors we've ever had.  Kind of like the drug thing, where they haven't done anything *real* bad, but they let their kids run around screaming, their dog barking and running loose (both illegal), they've shot off firecrackers from their lawns (also illegal in city limits here), vandalized our property (probably a drunk thing, since this happened during a birthday bash they held), and many other things, like illegally living there since only one family can live in a house here.

I sent off a form to the city today, where they will be fined yet AGAIN (just like how I had the city remove their chickens a few years back, which they couldn't have either [sound familiar?]), which should get them out of here for good.  With about 12 people living and contributing to bills (or not?), there's no way this one family can afford the house by themselves, which should get rid of any idiot drug sellers too if they're not on this block any more (at times), unless they've gotten a few customers out of harassing people.  I suppose they'll come back to make their rounds then, but they shouldn't be back to this house.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 01:54:43 PM »

This kind of crap happens to me on like a weekly basis...

When shall his new form be revealed?
Deafens Proner
Sega Genesis
Brazil

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 03:57:28 PM »

Well, I'm from Brazil, so... we call that Monday!

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 05:26:27 PM »

Stuff like that can get annoying, I've had people follow and heckle me in public places because since I have long hair that must make me supreme hippie weed dealer.

I've also had a friend get jumped because some guy asked him for crack and he didn't have any. So much for that Minnesota kindness.
Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 07:40:13 PM »

Stuff like that can get annoying, I've had people follow and heckle me in public places because since I have long hair that must make me supreme hippie weed dealer.

Ha, yeah.  At one point about 10 years ago some woman hit me from behind when I was at a complete stop--had BEEN at a complete stop--for a while.  As I came out and walked over to her door, once she got a look at my long hair and Coroner t-shirt she quickly glanced down to make sure her door was locked Grin However, as this post suggests, for once my appearance backfired.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length