RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 31, 2024, 08:24:00 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Looking for a Famicom - shameless bump. 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Looking for a Famicom - shameless bump.  (Read 1995 times)
engel762
Donor

Stats
« on: October 05, 2012, 11:58:42 AM »

Jan 06, 2013

I ended up buying a Super Famicom and some lots of random SFC/Famicom games from senseiman shortly before he closed up shop near the end of October.  I ended up getting a fair assortment of Famicom games in the mix, but have yet to locate a Famicom in my searches locally.  So here I am once again, reaching out for any leads on a Famicom in good working order, preferably with very little to no yellowing.  I'm still a bit leery about ebay and would prefer to buy from someone in the community here, or someone that has done business with someone here with good results... 

Thanks again for reading, and any leads would be appreciated.

-engel
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 04:04:30 PM by engel762 » Logged
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 12:59:57 PM »

Hit up senseiman here - he's trying to clear out his stock with awesome prices right now. FamicomWorld would also help out.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 01:46:21 PM »

Senseiman has no more Famicom systems left, not Sure about Super Fami.  Just checked with him a few days ago.  There is a guy on Famicom World who goes by "80s Freak" that sells them for a good price.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
engel762
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 08:04:53 AM »

Thanks for the heads up, guys.  Popped him a PH to see if he still had anything available.  I figured it was time I start digging into the Japanese counterparts to the NES/SNES and didn't have a clue where to begin outside of ebay.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 09:30:09 AM »

I'd certainly steer clear of eBay. Famicom World is a great place to go as banana mentioned.

Marriott_Guy
Console Librarian
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 04:19:27 PM »

I have a boxed Super-Fami available with 6 games if interested.  The console is a first run, has some of the yellowing that is common with this model, but is in perfect working order.  It is missing one controller (this system came with two).  PM me if interested.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 10:31:21 PM »

I picked up a boxed Super Famicom for about $50 shipped a year or so ago off of ebay.  It came with three games (Super Mario Collection, Street Fighter II, and Dragon Warrior V), and it works great.  But if you can, definitely buy Marriott_Guy's Super Fami!  His stuff is always well taken care of.
Marriott_Guy
Console Librarian
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 03:51:58 PM »

Thanks for the recommendation blck - it is sincerely appreciated.  I am happy to report that my Super Famicom lot will be joining the esteemed collection of one of our RFG members.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length