RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 31, 2024, 04:21:01 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | HOW to collect (part 2) 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: HOW to collect (part 2)  (Read 6051 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2012, 06:04:17 PM »

My local retro store has usually good pricing and has DC and Saturn (including imports.) I can always take a look for you if there is anything specific you are looking for.

I'd like Panzer Dragon Sage in the $20-$30 range. Tongue

You've got me mistaken with Bil Wink

OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2012, 06:02:32 PM »

US Dreamcast is cheaper than you'ld expect.  I've seen a few fullsets go under 2K.  Now I'm pretty much done with it I'm a bit lost on what to do next.  Piece together a new console library, start out with a super big lot, go for imports, guides, 3rd party accessories, those blasted expensive special edition consoles...   For now, I'm replacing a the few titles with ratty manuals, and am hauling in imports and strategy guides.  Of course, this sort of collecting is a new game for me with new frustrations.

Just keep plugging away at it.  and...

It is always best to know the high value / rare games because they will set you back the most search time and money.  I'm killing myself for missing a Taxi 2 (PAL) the other night that went for $12.

PS.

This week I've had a strange feeling to top off the 32X games.  All I end up with are Genesis titles instead.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 06:04:11 PM by OatBob » Logged

it's thinking
noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2012, 06:59:46 PM »

lucky for you Oatbob there's tons of great imports to think about though, right?

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2012, 07:01:18 PM »

lucky for you Oatbob there's tons of great imports to think about though, right?

Lucky for you Oatbob, there's a lot of regional Dreamcast games still left to be documented in Europe, right? Tongue
Oh, how fun it'll be if you go down that road (further)...

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length