RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 31, 2024, 06:10:43 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | HOW to collect (part 2) 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: HOW to collect (part 2)  (Read 6062 times)
nintendork666
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 04:53:25 PM »

I've gotten much more bang for my buck with DC titles than Saturn games so far. Not only are the games usually cheaper, but I'd argue generally more fun as well. Maybe it's because I haven't indulged in the more expensive titles yet, but compared to the DC, and Genesis - I'm not sure if I quite understand all the Saturn hype.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 05:54:22 PM »

You have to play the right titles to appreciate the Saturn. Don't get me wrong, I really like the DC (bought one on launch, but also did the same with the Saturn) and VGA out makes it look fantastic even today. I just had a more unique experience with the Saturn.

noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 11:36:04 AM »

alright so since starting this thread last week and saying "yeah I guess I'll just focus on DC" I went ahead and bought 3 Saturn games and 2 Sega CD games...

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 12:30:48 PM »

alright so since starting this thread last week and saying "yeah I guess I'll just focus on DC" I went ahead and bought 3 Saturn games and 2 Sega CD games...

Where's the "like" button when you need one?

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, 12:41:35 PM »

There's an RFGeneration facebook page. You can like it from there, if you post on it? Smiley

noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2012, 02:33:56 PM »

right, so I am in the market for complete games for Sega CD and Saturn along with Dreamcast now. Also interested in accessories for both consoles. So yeah.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2012, 12:05:37 AM »

sounds like an exciting and expensive goal, but it'll definitely make your collection more interesting to add more to those systems. as much as it's nice to see complete sets of the big name systems, i always find it more cool to see full sets of the obscure systems. i say obscure for Sega CD/Saturn/Dreamcast because no one i knew had them when they were still new, so they're obscure to me if not to others ;P.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2012, 12:49:45 AM »

right, so I am in the market for complete games for Sega CD and Saturn along with Dreamcast now. Also interested in accessories for both consoles. So yeah.

[img width=480 height=360]http://www.up-video.com/uploads/thumbs/04ci2sd4b2aoi6x3.jpg[/img]

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2012, 04:36:15 PM »

There are quite a few expensive RPGs on Saturn. Just something to think about, especially if shopping mostly online.

This is why my Saturn library isnt done. I am collecting both DC and Saturn now to finish off my Sega libraries. But I spend too much on Xbox 360 games to finish off either library. LOL

Quackula
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2012, 09:04:27 AM »

I think I actually prefer my Saturn to my DC. You kinda have to dish out a lot more cash for many of the really great titles on Saturn, but I think it's worth it.

I  mean Saturn Bomberman alone makes the whole thing worth it for me.
noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2012, 11:51:30 AM »

I got 11 saturn games yesterday...

Quackula
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2012, 02:53:30 PM »

You nab up more Saturn games in one day than I've managed to get over the past year and a half or so...
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2012, 03:01:05 PM »

You nab up more Saturn games in one day than I've managed to get over the past year and a half or so...

Yeah that's nuts! I pretty much never see Saturn stuff in the wild and online tends to be wildly overpriced.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2012, 03:14:31 PM »

My local retro store has usually good pricing and has DC and Saturn (including imports.) I can always take a look for you if there is anything specific you are looking for.

noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2012, 03:56:19 PM »

My local retro store has usually good pricing and has DC and Saturn (including imports.) I can always take a look for you if there is anything specific you are looking for.

I'd like Panzer Dragon Sage in the $20-$30 range. Tongue

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length