RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 19, 2024, 11:13:34 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Game Genie questions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Game Genie questions  (Read 968 times)
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« on: September 20, 2012, 05:00:04 PM »

Hey gang. I am trying to use some codes I found online for Legend of Mystical Ninja for SNES. But the codes I find all over online don't work. I'm not sure why. The green light is on. I feel like the codes are incorrect.

So I guess my questions are, does anyone know the best place to find game genie codes online, and has anyone else experienced this problem with codes they found online not working?

ps - the codes i'm trying to use are on gamegenie.com, ign.com, etc.

Running out of games to buy.
Deafens Proner
Sega Genesis
Brazil

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 03:50:47 PM »

You probably have a SNES Jr. or as some people call it: a SNES 2. Nintendo tried to defeat the Game Genie with the new design and they seem to have done it.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 04:08:57 PM »

There were also different software revisions for the Game Genie itself. For example, way back when Super Metroid was new and I had to send my Game Genie to Galoob for a newer version to work with it.

Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 01:43:02 PM »

You probably have a SNES Jr. or as some people call it: a SNES 2. Nintendo tried to defeat the Game Genie with the new design and they seem to have done it.

Nailed it. Looks like I'll have to pull out my model 1! Thank you so much!

Running out of games to buy.
Deafens Proner
Sega Genesis
Brazil

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 12:06:00 PM »

I finally helped someone... yay banana

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 12:48:23 PM »

Wikipedia has an interesting entry on this:

SNES

The Game Genie does not work with Super Nintendo games that contain a performance enhancing chip (e.g. Super FX, SA-1, and S-DD1 chip) such as Star Fox, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Doom and Street Fighter Alpha 2. It also has issues with the SNS-101 remodel SNES. When used with an SNS-101, you can only use 2 codes at a time, and you must enter them on the top and bottom lines of the Game Genie menu.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length