RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 16, 2024, 03:05:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Wii U Launch 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Print
Author Topic: Wii U Launch  (Read 38107 times)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2012, 06:18:08 PM »

i just finished paying off my EB Games pre-order of this too, going to get mine first thing sunday morning. i'm a half hour drive from the nearest EB, or an hour bus ride if i can't get a ride there (i don't have my license), so a midnight release really isn't worth it to me. i'm not one for staying up all night, so at most i would only play it an hour or so and then just be so tired i would probably sleep a good chunk of the next day away.

also my family said EB games called yesterday to say that the Saturday, 17th, Wii-U event was pushed back to sunday. i asked them if they remember more clearly what the caller said, because i hadn't heard of this "event", and they were vague about it. my assumption is that they were planning a midnight release and decided not to for some reason, but i don't really know. when i was there paying it off today (before i heard about this phone call), i asked if they were opening early on sunday for the wii-u release and they said they would be opening about an hour early, with no mention of any saturday event being pushed back. any other canadians with an EB Games Wii-U preorder know anything about this?

I'm gonna call them tomorrow and check when they open on Sunday. I really havnt asked about it since I made the order.

Just called and they open at 10am tomorrow for the Wii U, apparently thats early according to the guy I talked to :/

i had gotten an email from EB Games Canada listing all the opening hours for the early opening, it said 9 AM for my branch but when i asked in store they said 10AM too. i'll probably go for 10, i don't want to risk getting there an hour before they even open for nothing when i could be sleeping in ;P
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2012, 06:45:24 PM »

i just finished paying off my EB Games pre-order of this too, going to get mine first thing sunday morning. i'm a half hour drive from the nearest EB, or an hour bus ride if i can't get a ride there (i don't have my license), so a midnight release really isn't worth it to me. i'm not one for staying up all night, so at most i would only play it an hour or so and then just be so tired i would probably sleep a good chunk of the next day away.

also my family said EB games called yesterday to say that the Saturday, 17th, Wii-U event was pushed back to sunday. i asked them if they remember more clearly what the caller said, because i hadn't heard of this "event", and they were vague about it. my assumption is that they were planning a midnight release and decided not to for some reason, but i don't really know. when i was there paying it off today (before i heard about this phone call), i asked if they were opening early on sunday for the wii-u release and they said they would be opening about an hour early, with no mention of any saturday event being pushed back. any other canadians with an EB Games Wii-U preorder know anything about this?

I'm gonna call them tomorrow and check when they open on Sunday. I really havnt asked about it since I made the order.

Just called and they open at 10am tomorrow for the Wii U, apparently thats early according to the guy I talked to :/

i had gotten an email from EB Games Canada listing all the opening hours for the early opening, it said 9 AM for my branch but when i asked in store they said 10AM too. i'll probably go for 10, i don't want to risk getting there an hour before they even open for nothing when i could be sleeping in ;P

I get off work at 7am so I'll try and sneak in a couple hours o f sleep before I head down for mine.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2012, 02:18:20 PM »

Just sitting through the tremendously long system update and then I can start playing!!!! Might as well register my stuff at Club Nintendo while I wait.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2012, 03:21:17 PM »

Just brought mine home.

The guy at the store gave me a Wii U shirt, lanyard, and button. Pretty cool!

[img width=700 height=388]http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o736/Fleach/DSCF2492.jpg[/img]

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2012, 03:27:16 PM »

I registered everything on Club Nintendo, while waiting on my update also.  It took over an hour.

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2012, 03:34:19 PM »

After I got my Wii U, I had to go to Kmart to get NSMBU because my Wal-Mart said they wouldn't have the games out until tomorrow.  My local Kmart said they only got two basic Wii Us in and sold both of them.  Kmart didn't have Black Ops II, so I had to go to Gamestop to get it.  Gamestop just told me I was about to get a call for a Wii U system, because I was at the top of the waiting list and a lot of preorders never got picked up.  I told them to call the next guy and cancel it.

I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2012, 04:09:20 PM »

Just sitting through the tremendously long system update and then I can start playing!!!! Might as well register my stuff at Club Nintendo while I wait.

Wii-U is a download bar simulator.

seriously though super long update i just want to play D:
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2012, 04:31:32 PM »

Yeah, that's what I seriously thought at first.  It seemed like forever before you could tell it was downloading.  I thought to myself, if this fails I'm gonna be so pissed.

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2012, 04:53:51 PM »

I've got mine. Have "U" got yours? Smiley

[img width=640 height=360]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/DarkTheThief/2012-11-18-174738.jpg[/img]

[img width=640 height=360]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/DarkTheThief/2012-11-18-174750.jpg[/img]

[img width=300 height=70]https://image.ibb.co/fSULkF/Signature_zpsfvzatdip.png[/img]
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2012, 05:21:07 PM »

I'm currently typing this from my WiiU! The browser is a bit weird for my taste- Facebook for example is the mobile version and the system doesnt support Flash. It's also a bit jarring to have the same image on the Gamepad and your TV, almost defeats the purpose of having your TV on.

hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2012, 05:31:02 PM »

Also, for some odd reason there's no Ethernet port on the system. That could potentially be a very bad move on Nintendo's part...

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2012, 05:50:56 PM »

Also, for some odd reason there's no Ethernet port on the system. That could potentially be a very bad move on Nintendo's part...
I imagine that an adapter will be released, just like Wii.

Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2012, 06:25:28 PM »

Yep.  Here's mine  I don't know if you can see it but, I got Black Ops II, NSMBU, and Nintendoland, well that came with the system.

[img width=600 height=600]http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/480298_125979674225682_1951035012_n.jpg[/img]

Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2012, 06:36:17 PM »

Oh, and I wish I had another one of these organizers, but for the WiiU.

[img width=500 height=500]http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/62248_125979757559007_1058643784_n.jpg[/img]

Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2012, 07:01:50 PM »

Does anyone know if the USB call of duty headset for the Wii works for the WiiU?  I would think it does.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length