RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 07:23:48 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Wii U Launch 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Wii U Launch  (Read 37697 times)
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2012, 04:24:48 PM »

Its even better with the translated closed captioning. It makes absolutely no sense, but live ammunition, beer game pad, bringing the game pad to a nuclear power plant, and him being a badass were mentioned.

Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2012, 12:10:41 PM »

Here's a pic of the NSMBU world map from the instruction manual.  This map looks eerily familiar.....Where have I seen it before.....?

http://wiiudaily.com/2012...-bros-u-world-map-leaked/

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2012, 01:06:54 PM »

I saw a demo of the NSMBU in Best Buy, and nothing looks quite like Nintendo visuals.  The demo was in HD on a nice TV, and made it look so incredible that I'm considering buying a Wii U just to play it.
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2012, 01:22:28 PM »

Yep, my local Gamestop and Walmart have demos up and I plan on getting NSMBU.  I have a 5 year old son and a wife, and we enjoy playing New Super Mario Bros Wii, so this is a no brainer for me.

I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2012, 07:05:09 PM »

Can't wait to see some Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U.

Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2012, 07:59:05 AM »

I just found out that I can pick up my Wii U from my local Walmart at midnight on the 17th, well technically it would be the 18th.  Anyone else's Walmart doing this?  I wonder if Gamestop is doing thisor will be open at midnight.  I pre ordered Black Ops 2 from Gamestop, and I want to pick it up after I get my Wii U from Wal-Mart.  Anyone have any info?

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2012, 01:09:31 AM »

Yeah, you shouldn't shop at Wal-Mart

When shall his new form be revealed?
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2012, 02:07:41 AM »

Why is that?  Every other place I checked were sold out of pre orders, but Walmart was there for me.

Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2012, 11:54:28 PM »

Hmmm... The hype is growing for me. I think I will probably go out that day and seek one out. If I can't get one, no big deal. If I stumble upon one, I'll snag it up.

Running out of games to buy.
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2012, 11:04:11 AM »

Wow, I just found out my local Gamestop isn't doing a midnight launch for the Wii U.  Now I'm glad I couldn't get a preordered deluxe model from them.  I guess it was fate that I got one preordered at Wal-Mart and they're doing a midnight launch.  I know to some people, there isn't much of a difference in time between midnight, and whatever time Gamestop opens on Sundays, but to me it means a lot.  Now I just hope Wal-Mart puts out the Wii U games for sale at midnight also.  I just canceled my Black Ops II preorder at Gamestop because of this.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2012, 04:55:25 PM »

My Walmarts are still taking preorders..

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2012, 04:58:18 PM »

Wow, I just found out my local Gamestop isn't doing a midnight launch for the Wii U.  Now I'm glad I couldn't get a preordered deluxe model from them.  I guess it was fate that I got one preordered at Wal-Mart and they're doing a midnight launch.  I know to some people, there isn't much of a difference in time between midnight, and whatever time Gamestop opens on Sundays, but to me it means a lot.  Now I just hope Wal-Mart puts out the Wii U games for sale at midnight also.  I just canceled my Black Ops II preorder at Gamestop because of this.

I have to work until 7am so I can't pick mine up until the morning. Otherwise I would have liked to do a midnight event myself.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2012, 05:49:40 PM »

Don't feel too bad Crabby.  I have to work night and day shifts also and I just happened to be off this weekend.  You may have mentioned it before, but what games do you plan on getting?

SideshowSam
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2012, 09:21:33 PM »

I DEMAND A STAR FOX GAME FOR THE WII U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness though, its basically the only reason I would buy one before the price drop.  Even as a Nintendo fanboy, i'm not excited enough to put in 350 quite yet.  plus I just miss my furry star friend  Cry
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2012, 09:26:52 PM »

I DEMAND A STAR FOX GAME FOR THE WII U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness though, its basically the only reason I would buy one before the price drop.  Even as a Nintendo fanboy, i'm not excited enough to put in 350 quite yet.  plus I just miss my furry star friend  Cry
Did you at least pick up Star Fox 64 3D? Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length