RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 16, 2024, 12:59:45 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Wii U Launch 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Wii U Launch  (Read 38049 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2012, 07:37:56 PM »

Nintendo is so annoying to cheapskates like myself.

I was just in a store today. A bunch of copies of Xenoblade Chronicles, Last Story and Pandora's Tower. All at €40-45. I do want these games, but not at those prices, damnit!

It's also stupid when something says "Limited edition" (the latest Zelda game) and the store has 30-40 copies sitting there. And this whole Wii section is hidden away somewhere next to CD's. Grin I wonder who buys those games anymore. Hardly anyone, I recon. Maybe in a few months they'll get so desperate to get rid of their stock that they'll cut the price massively or take a loss. The day those games hit €15, I'm in!

EDIT: Pandora's Tower wasn't even released in the US? Lol, random.

I'm planning to pick up my first couple games by grabbing titles that I doubt will fall in price for a very long time. There are quite a few launch titles I want, but I'm confident most of them will drop a lot in a relatively short time though and I can grab them later on the cheap.

Sad no Pandora's Tower for us either Sad I still need to dig into my Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story though. Other than Nintendo Land, The Last Story will probably be the first game I play on my Wii U.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2012, 11:39:55 PM »

Looks like the Wii U will be pretty indie friendly.
http://www.gamasutra.com/...utra+News%29#.UFqdZo7reMx

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2012, 04:57:18 AM »

One thing is on my mind... it's great that Wii games can be played on the Wii U... but what about games that supported Wi-Fi? I learnt when changing Wii consoles you can't copy any saves of games that supported Wi-Fi. Will it be the same story again with the Wii U? I can't be bothered playing those games over again for a 3rd time.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2012, 07:53:38 AM »

One thing is on my mind... it's great that Wii games can be played on the Wii U... but what about games that supported Wi-Fi? I learnt when changing Wii consoles you can't copy any saves of games that supported Wi-Fi. Will it be the same story again with the Wii U? I can't be bothered playing those games over again for a 3rd time.
Nintendo says you can import your Wii VC games, so it reallly makes me wonder if save files will also be included.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2012, 09:53:21 AM »

Nintendo says you can import your Wii VC games, so it reallly makes me wonder if save files will also be included.

I'm pretty doubtful they'll let you transfer your saves.  When I moved my games from my DSi to my 3DS, the saves didn't carry over.
No
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2012, 04:43:01 PM »

There might be a chance that I might be able to get this after launch but at the moment, it is the case of finding more info regarding the system and the type of games that appeal to me that from the looks of things so far doesn't seem to be many. Also whether you can disable that Miiverse thingy since there doesn't seem to be anything regarding disabling it (except maybe when you're not connected online) not everyone wants to know their gaming business especially when you're a poor player which is a bit worrying.

Besides Nintendo games where I come from are quite expensive e.g. often see Mario Kart DS and New Super Mario Bros. used for more or less the same price what I paid new years ago and in the case of both the N64 and the Gamecube eras not easy to find either. The price of Wii games (not the cheap shovelware, the quality stuff) doesn't seem to be coming down very much when compared to the PS3/360 games. On them systems, it can be dropped to half price or even more after a couple to few months (sometimes I've known games to drop in price within a week or two) while with the Nintendo stuff it is only a tiny bit less.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2012, 11:58:34 PM »

Besides Nintendo games where I come from are quite expensive e.g. often see Mario Kart DS and New Super Mario Bros. used for more or less the same price what I paid new years ago and in the case of both the N64 and the Gamecube eras not easy to find either. The price of Wii games (not the cheap shovelware, the quality stuff) doesn't seem to be coming down very much when compared to the PS3/360 games. On them systems, it can be dropped to half price or even more after a couple to few months (sometimes I've known games to drop in price within a week or two) while with the Nintendo stuff it is only a tiny bit less.

it's not only your area, that's just how nintendo prices things, they rarely drop in price at retail for first party titles. though you should be able to get the Nintendo Selects titles for a lot cheaper than original release if you're ok with the different cover design. ds games though you would just have to get lucky...best option would be try something like craigslist, or thrift stores/garage sales.

as for the Wii-U launch titles i'm actually pretty happy with the lineup, it's much better than most console's launch lineups have been.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 12:00:16 AM by techwizard » Logged
MercuryCrusader
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2012, 04:21:37 PM »

Not having saves transfer over from the Wii to the Wii U just means I can play some of those old Wii games again. Depending on how few and far between game releases are, I can play catch-up pretty easily. This is provided I can drag myself away from Team Fortress 2 long enough to do so...again (I'm addicted to that game again).
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2012, 04:37:36 PM »

Pre-Ordered Skylanders Giants for the Wii U for my son to give as part of his X-Mas gift. We'll have at least 2 games to play now!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2012, 09:11:51 PM »

Pre-Ordered Skylanders Giants for the Wii U for my son to give as part of his X-Mas gift. We'll have at least 2 games to play now!

We already transferred our Skylanders pre-order to the Wii U. My wife went ahead and pre-ordered NSMBU and ZombiU as well.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2012, 09:23:41 PM »

We already transferred our Skylanders pre-order to the Wii U. My wife went ahead and pre-ordered NSMBU and ZombiU as well.

I'm thinking about grabbing one of those. I would rather have Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3 or The Wonderful 101 though so I'm trying my best to hold out for one of those instead.

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2012, 02:11:05 AM »

I remember waiting outside Best Buy for about 12 hours to get my Wii, it was Thanksgiving, and my birthday is in December so this was my gift from my dad he said he would give me money for the Wii I just have to find one. People drove up from New York to try and get one. They only got 13 in. Some guy even sold his ticket in line to someone for $50

As for the Wii U launch, I don't have enough extra cash to shell out $350 and still have money to buy xmas gifts. I might be able to grab it in January. At least by then I could probably get some used games that kids get bored of after the holidays

Now your playing with power!
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2012, 08:10:25 AM »

I just wanted to let everyone know, I went to Walmart yesterday and saw signs hanging up stating that you could reserve the Wii U deluxe bundle and put it on layaway.  I figured they were out, but when I asked the girl in the layaway department, she said they're still available until her manager tells her to not take any more reserves.  She also told me a guy walked in a few days earlier and wanted reserve six of them.  I managed to get one, just thought I would let everybody that is still looking for it know.

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
KidA
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2012, 06:17:15 PM »

I just wanted to let everyone know, I went to Walmart yesterday and saw signs hanging up stating that you could reserve the Wii U deluxe bundle and put it on layaway.  I figured they were out, but when I asked the girl in the layaway department, she said they're still available until her manager tells her to not take any more reserves.  She also told me a guy walked in a few days earlier and wanted reserve six of them.  I managed to get one, just thought I would let everybody that is still looking for it know.

Would the ability to reserve a system render camping-out pointless?

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2012, 10:12:21 PM »

Well, you finally made me do it.

I was in the local Wally World earlier today, and pre-ordered a black Wii U on layaway.

I hope you're all proud of yourselves now.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length