RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 18, 2024, 03:12:09 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Cheetahmen II Kickstarter 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Cheetahmen II Kickstarter  (Read 8290 times)
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2012, 09:37:44 PM »

Note: Reproduction is used lightly, since it's just a homebrew release at this point. It doesn't fall into the "unlicensed" category, since those were made while Nintendo was making licensed titles, and it doesn't fall into a variant since the original was not actually released.

That's pretty much how I sum it up for me too.  Somewhere between a repro, a variant, and a homebrew. it's a Revaribrew.

FWIW, I've well known that this is essentially a scam, and there's no development in terms of the rom fix. It's essentially just paying them to give you a "reproduction" cartridge for it with the official license.

I dunno that it's completely a scam.  Sure the guy wants to make a little money off this project, and there's nothing wrong with that.  And if it comes with the box, the comic, and the manual, and if people are willing to buy the thing no questions asked, then no harm no foul.  But if he does in fact scam everyone out of their money, we live in an age of 4chan.  He'll pay.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2012, 09:42:40 PM »

It's just a scam in terms that they're claiming to have fixed the crash. The crash has been fixed for years. Now, if they did additional development to it, that's a completely different deal.

RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2012, 10:18:04 PM »

I know the game has been fixed for quite awhile, and someone over at nintendoage is already selling his own homebrews.

But as far as this goes the additional development is the box, the manual, and the comic.....right?

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2012, 01:47:55 AM »

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2012, 02:25:14 AM »

Long winded, but well said!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2012, 05:55:22 PM »

eh I'll throw a few bucks their way.  I'll probably end up buying a copy anyway

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2012, 06:07:20 PM »

I was going to post that if you didn't Duke.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2012, 06:56:47 PM »

Only 20k left to go, and 19 days left. I'm thinking this will get funded, so get in for you CIB copy at the $60 level now!

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2012, 08:23:31 PM »

Only 20k left to go, and 19 days left. I'm thinking this will get funded, so get in for you CIB copy at the $60 level now!

Its tempting. I'm gonna half to look at my finances and see if I cant toss some money at you and singlebanana so I can buy in.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2012, 08:34:39 PM »

Its tempting. I'm gonna half to look at my finances and see if I cant toss some money at you and singlebanana so I can buy in.

Candadians are allowed in, just have to pay extra for shipping. Of course I can understand if you want to just bundle it in with some other stuff we're going to ship anyway.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2012, 11:20:35 PM »

Candadians are allowed in, just have to pay extra for shipping. Of course I can understand if you want to just bundle it in with some other stuff we're going to ship anyway.

lol, I meant pay you guys what I owe you for the games you've got for me before I start spending on new stuff Tongue

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2012, 12:00:38 AM »

If you are a backer that is at the level to receive the game or higher, you can add $99 to your pledge and get a copy of Cheetahmen: The Creation also. Call me crazy, but I jumped on it.

Also, only 6k left to go to meet the goal with 2 weeks left. Looks like this one is definitely going to get funded.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2012, 09:21:41 PM »

Funded!

RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2012, 08:49:41 PM »

That was quick.  Can't wait to own my own copy

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2012, 02:27:45 PM »

It looks like you still have a chance to own Cheetahmen II: The Lost Levels and The Creation by PayPal until September 30th if you didn't make the Kickstarter.

Here is the latest message from Greg Pabich, and notice the hints... looks like Action 52 is coming back in another form. I'm going to wildly speculate that the original programmers are going to get together and bless us with another 52 atrocious games.

I AM BACK FROM A LONG WEEKEND OF NO CHEETAH AND WANT TO UPDATE EVERYONE.

COUNTING PAYPAL, THE PROJECT RECEIVED PLEDGES OF OVER $100,000, SO ONCE AGAIN, THANKS TO YOU FOR THE CULT OF CHEETAHMEN AND THAT INFERNAL CHEETAHMEN SONG GOING ON FOREVER ......

MEANWHILE THIS NEWS

BECAUSE I HAVE RECEIVED SO MANY REQUESTS FROM PEOPLE WHO MISSED THE KICKSTARTER DEADLINE, WE ARE GOING TO LEAVE THE PAYPAL OPTION OPEN ON THE WEBSITE AT  www.cheetahmengames.com YOU CAN STILL MAKE ALL THE SAME PLEDGES/REWARD LEVELS THROUGH SEPTEMBER 30.

MUST STOP THEN TO:

SEND OUT THE POLLING EMAIL TO ALL BACKERS ABOUT OCTOBER 8th TO CONFIRM SHIPPING INFO, THE NAME YOU WANT ON THE HALL OF F/SHAME(or NO name), YOUR SHIRT SIZE AND ANY "EXTRAS" YOU PLEDGED FOR...

STILL WORKING ON THE FINAL BACKER'S SHIRT DESIGN(LOTS OF SUGGESTIONS FROM EVERYONE), BUT THE CONSENSUS SEEMS TO BE TO REMOVE THE LINE "KICKSTARTER 2012"

RIGHT NOW, LABELS, CHIPS, BOARDS, GAMEBOXES, DUSTCOVERS, COMICS, GUIDEBOOKS, MAILERS, STYROS AND HOLOGRAMS HAVE BEEN ORDERED.

STILL WORKING WITH MARIO ON POSTER DESIGN- IT SHOULD LOOK GREAT!! IT IS BIG  (24"X 36").

WE ARE ON TARGET FOR DECEMBER SHIP.

STAY TUNED TO KICKSTARTER AND THE CHEETAHMENGAMES WEBSITE FOR UPDATES AND MANY FUTURE PLANS....

HINTS:

ACTION 52:  THE REUNION

ACTION FIGURES

WHERE IS THAT CHEETAHMEN MINI COOPER?

DO I GET A FREE iPHONE 5 IF I BUY iCHEETAH AT 199 CENTS?

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length