RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 04:07:18 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Izrets Krypt 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Izrets Krypt  (Read 3088 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« on: July 26, 2012, 11:00:51 PM »

http://sdrv.ms/PP6M7k

Some of my Mortal Kombat stuff.

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 11:36:44 PM »

I feel your passion Izret when it comes to a specific game series collection. I like the variants you have from different regions.

I thought I was set in the Mortal Kombat department having 1,2 and 3 on the Genesis with the badass Sega six button arcade stick (Main reason I got it) As a kid I always chose Mortal Kombat over Street Fighter. Played the shit out of the series as child. Sadly I lost my touch and pretty much suck at them now.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 09:14:48 AM »

Are the phone cards still your proudest item to own?

Deafens Proner
Sega Genesis
Brazil

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 09:23:06 AM »

Koolness Smiley

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 09:51:25 AM »

the phone cards are pretty cool. I haven't seen many of them and I was pretty happy to get those all in one lot years ago. Granted i haven't been been looking as much as I did years ago.
 But something I like more than that is my 6ft Goro store display for the first MK game. I had it shippedfrom Canada to TX and then drove it back to MA with most of my other junk.
Another personal fav is the MK&MKII PC release. I have only seen 2 of those. It was a personal holy grail after I lost the first auction ages ago.

I have picked up more stuff from people just sending me pms than I have from actively hunting in the last year or more.

Not pictured are my store displays, more games, shirts, other printed material, swag, etc. I lost about 10 pictures from yesterdays batch and already had things packed up. I also still have a fair amount at my parents
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 09:53:10 AM by Izret101 » Logged

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 10:22:37 AM »

Reminds me... I think there's an MK sign somewhere in the area. I can't remember where I saw it, though.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 10:49:31 AM »

I've still got a few more goodies up here for you too!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Deafens Proner
Sega Genesis
Brazil

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 12:09:26 PM »

Do you have the comic books released by Malibu?

[img width=292 height=463]http://i.imgur.com/NID4P.jpg[/img]

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 02:23:33 PM »

Reminds me... I think there's an MK sign somewhere in the area. I can't remember where I saw it, though.

What kind of sign? I have one of those "vinyl"clothlike banners for MK3 back at my parents. I think outside of that everything else is posters and standees.

I've still got a few more goodies up here for you too!

The sad thing is the only thing i can remember that you are holding onto for me was the Futureshops exclusive tin.... I know we had talked about canadian variants among other things but i don't remember what came of that.

Do you have the comic books released by Malibu?

No complete sets. I have one in my apartment i got as part of a lot or as a gift since moving and i should have some oddball ones at the parents house. Pretty sure there were issues with alternate cover art.

I also have some of the action figures from Jazwares Deception line. But none of the harder to find ones, none of the C.O.G.J.I.T. ones, and none of the variants. Primarily i think those were things like initial runs having different eye colors. There is a Raiden action figure with White eyes and another with black if memory serves.

Something else i have been hunting for is the Preorder bonus that was given away with the first game. I remember seeing one on eBay years ago(shortly after this site was founded) and another one was on i believe a Racketboy fundraiser. It ended pretty low too.

Another thing i have been trying to track down is a Mortal Kombat Tectoy system bundle. Since we have some brazillians here now maybe they could help me out Wink I am pretty sure it the bundle is Mortal Kombat II packaged with the SMS and it had unique box art. Not just some lame sticker on standard art.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 02:24:48 PM »

It's a light-up sign of the MK logo, ala the old World of Nintendo signs.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 09:35:05 PM »

Do you have the shitty cartoon?

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...t:_Defenders_of_the_Realm

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 01:29:39 AM »

@Izret - I added a few goodies on the cheap without your consent. You might have some of them, but I'm hoping they are at the least Canadian variants for you. There is one pretty interesting thing though, but I'll keep that a surprise for now.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 06:08:57 PM »

Nope. I have never watched it before either. I don't remember coming across a VHS or DVD release for the US series but i am pretty sure i have seen the euro series. Then again j could be confusing it with something else...

I actually flipped through about 100 auctions on eBay last night though. Snapping those pics and making this thread reignited my waning passion.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 07:05:36 PM »

Hey! I used to watch that every Saturday morning!
Also, I told you already, but I came across a strat guide for MK3.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length