RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 31, 2024, 10:19:18 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Crabmaster's Dungeon 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Crabmaster's Dungeon  (Read 8739 times)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2012, 06:51:26 PM »

i've considered that way of looking at it too but i worry it might be putting too much pressure on a kid. i wouldn't want them getting so upset or worried about trying to finish a game that it takes away the fun of it.
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2012, 06:59:30 PM »

Yeah now that I think about it if I had a plethora of games as a kid I'd never want to do anything but play games. My parents never bought me a lot of games as they didn't want my brother and me constantly playing games. They would kick us off after some time.

As an adult I have all the games I dreamed of or have played as a kid. But I don't really play games very much. I'm probably the least gamer person on this site. Got too many things keeping me busy. I don't have kids so I guess I don't understand what it would be like exposing them to a vast quantity of games would do to them.
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2012, 09:53:44 PM »

We have to set ground rules for our boys' gaming habits; unless we're on a trip (3DS, DS, GBA SP, in order of their ages) no gaming until after supper, if they've been good, and even then its not an everyday thing.  They know its a treat and not an expectation, and they definitely appreciate it more because so.  My oldest and I finished our first game together last week (Caveman Ninja!  woot!) Having so many choices has so far simply meant more options once we find something he likes.

Anyway, I'm surrounded by more games than I would ever realistically play, a fulfilled dream of my youth, but as a family man with daily responsibilities, my gaming time is almost entirely devoted to gaming with friends and family or while working out on the stationary bike.

Keelah se'lai
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2012, 10:14:53 PM »

[img width=700 height=525]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk189/Crabmaster2000/P1010021.jpg[/img]

Oooh, you have one of those compact Super NESes that I still doubt the existence of.  Tongue

Perhaps one day, I'll believe.

Until then...

...'Late
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2012, 01:51:24 PM »

i've considered that way of looking at it too but i worry it might be putting too much pressure on a kid. i wouldn't want them getting so upset or worried about trying to finish a game that it takes away the fun of it.
I wouldn't worry too much about that.  I find there is something in limiting choices that tend to harden, focus, and later help define a gamer and his/her tastes and gaming habits.  My son, for example, will go to ridiculous lengths to unlock characters in his Lego games, and he is manic about unlocking everythiny single mode and plant in Plants Versus Zombies (I should point out he has both the PC and Xbox360 versions).

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2012, 08:09:24 PM »

Very nice, Crabby.  That group photo has everything short of the holy grail.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2012, 08:14:52 PM »

Very nice, Crabby.  That group photo has everything short of the holy grail.

Stadium Events isnt grail-y enough for you? Geez, some people...... Wink

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2012, 09:38:22 PM »

Nah, it's played out.  I dont see Faxanadu there either, so don't brag until you do.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2012, 09:45:12 PM »

Nah, it's played out.  I dont see Faxanadu there either, so don't brag until you do.

lol

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2012, 10:20:03 PM »

Love the set up and the TMNT cab.  I need to load my gameroom pics back up, since my Man Cave topic  was lost during the BIG site shutdown.   Cry
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2012, 12:57:15 AM »

Yeah, one day I'll take some pics of our gaming basement and post 'em.  Though my style's a bit different than the nice, clean layouts often preferred.   I like...visual noise.

Keelah se'lai
nintendork666
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2012, 01:41:47 PM »

That rare NES cart lot pic at the end is drool-worthy. I'd do some crazy things for a copy of Little Samson or Snow Bros. How were the majority of those acquired? Locally? Online? Specifically Little Samson, and Snow Bros.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2012, 02:03:02 PM »

Snow Bros? I've already sold 2 to forum members here... I've only seen Little Samson once locally though.

nintendork666
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2012, 02:20:11 PM »

Snow Bros? I've already sold 2 to forum members here...

Hopefully you'll remember me next time you find a cart.  Wink

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2012, 02:58:19 PM »

Snow Bros? I've already sold 2 to forum members here...

Hopefully you'll remember me next time you find a cart.  Wink

I'm sure I'm across another. Rare carts aren't hard for me to find - just expensive.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length