RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2024, 07:17:50 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Random stuff I'm not sure about 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Random stuff I'm not sure about  (Read 886 times)
Data
Memorex VIS

Stats
« on: February 14, 2009, 02:43:08 PM »

I have a bunch of stuff I'm not too sure about, I figured it'd be best to ask if they need to be submitted or not. I'll try discribe what is what as best I can. Lots of things that don't have model numbers

Picy, Sorry about the quality, the phone camera ain't too hot and I need to charge my proper one.

There is a purple "My ORGANIZER for ADVANCE & CoLoR" case for said systems. It is by Logic3 and has a model number of GB5I0P, not sure if this is what you guys are looking for.

The official PlayStation messenger bag, that's all the info I have on that.

A "Blaze" Scart lead with video and stereo sound out.

Underneath that a Male to Male Video/Stereo lead no other info

A "Stealth import game adaptor" designed to play other territory disks for UK PlayStations, has a UPC, no model number.

An "Action Replay & Movie Card" Not sure on manufacturer and there is no other info on it.

Blaze 4MB PlayStation Memory Card, no other details.

Three "MAX PLAY" 1 MB Memory Card

XPLORER, no other info

PS2 Remote Control and Receiver, both have unique model numbers not sure what to do here.

Random Connector I think it's just video/audio out.

Blaze XploderGB no other details.

nYko light that plugs into gameboy.

Finally a gameboy link cable with it being yellow I can't remember if it was something to do with Pokemon.

Data
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 05:18:41 PM »

In addition I have two 360 headsets, one "old plug" (which I have in white, I think came with the Live Vision Cam) and one new plug (which I have in black, which came with the 360). I see that the entries exist...

http://www.rfgeneration.c...fo.php?ID=U-115-H-00090-A
http://www.rfgeneration.c...fo.php?ID=U-115-H-00090-B

...for USA but do I need to submit some as EU? The problem is as they came with other things so I do not have their own part number or UPC and I'm sure they are available separately.

Tan
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 07:55:24 PM »

Here's the thing. Eventually, we hope every one of those items is in the database. Having said that, we'd only want those items in the database if you have some basic info. There's no need to submit everything, only if you have relevant information. If your not sure of the exact name of the item in question, then it could be duplicated in a needless entry later on if someone else submits the same thing under a different name or it's proper name.

So only submit those items that you know the name they were sold under. Obviously "Male to Male Video/Stereo lead" wouldn't be an ideal submission but Blaze Xploder GB Pro Cheat Cartridge might. If you don't submit the proper name, we can't verify the submission, especially without a part number. That's why the hardware guidelines were created.

As far as the headsets, only submit them if you have that info handy. See the only hardware in the database we accept, is that sold separately. Breaking up hardware bundles and adding everything into pieces defeats the purpose of tracking retail products. It would be the same as breaking down a PS2 into half a dozen entries depending on what's inside of the box. If it never had a UPC or didn't come as a replacement directly from the manufacturer, it doesn't belong in the database. So while your headset may be sold separately, we'd prefer if you submitted the Live Vision set instead because that's where it came from. You never know if these bundled items could be uniquely identified from their retail counterparts. Smiley

http://www.rfgeneration.c....php?action=policies;id=5
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length