RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2024, 01:32:14 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Xbox 360 120gb HD with transfer cable, anyone heard of any problems? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Xbox 360 120gb HD with transfer cable, anyone heard of any problems?  (Read 887 times)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« on: February 12, 2009, 02:01:12 PM »

I'm thinking about upgrading to the 120gb HD. I'm finding that eBay is lousy for this because while many hard drives are available, almost NO ONE is selling them with the transfer kit. And the 60gb HD doesn't have one either (apparently it's designed for those who've never owned the hard drive & that have the Arcade 360...who's the moron in marketing that "forgot" all the 20gb consoles out there?).

My question is, has anyone heard about anyone having trouble transferring data from a 20gb 360 Hard drive up to the 120gb? So far I haven't heard anything but I thought I'd get some feedback here.

Thanks. Cool

Tan
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 03:40:04 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, you can only get the kit directly from Microsoft. I know that there is a standing offer to Elite owners, free except for shipping I believe. I imagine kits can be found, but without retail availability it'll be a tough search. A lot of work and fuss for something that can only be done once.

My Elite HDD is still in the box. I just slapped my old 20Gb on my Elite and called it a day. It still has 11Gb free as well. That's after 60-70 games and a crapload of downloaded content over 3 years. Then again we don't have a lot of the services like Netflix and stuff like that.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 04:13:46 PM »

I've seen the 120gb HD with transfer kit recently at Best Buy here in the States. I was shopping around, though, and was curious as to if there were any issues with it before making the jump.

I'm amazed you still have 11gb free on a 20gb HD! Shocked  I'm finding that I can't store more than 2 or 3 full demos without running out of capacity. I'm currently fluctuating in the 3-5 gb range. I do still have a lot of arcade trial games that I could probably get rid of, though.

One of the things eating up a lot of space are map packs (CoD3's Valor being the largest at over 800mb). And knowing that there's more to come in various games, I'm looking at the possibility of needing more space.

GH & RB songs are a lot larger than I originally believed they were as well. And there's many songs out there that I'd like to eventually DL when I have the chance to play them.

Waiting to bump up the HD capacity certainly couldn't hurt since I still have stuff that I don't use but could clean up. But like you suggest, availability at retail is a hit-or-miss.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 04:07:44 PM »

I have never seen them with transfer kits. Then again I put my 20Gb on my elite and my 120Gb is my second account drive. i was going to move all my stuff with my memory unit. Bit of a pain but it will do.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length