RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2024, 06:43:56 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Game Company Newsletters 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Game Company Newsletters  (Read 1115 times)
Rajaat the Warbringer
CD-i
United States

Stats
« on: November 01, 2008, 07:31:36 AM »

Off the top of my head I'm currently getting E-mail updates from Nintendo, Koei, and Atlus. I'm kinda surprised that some of the big companies don't do newsletters like Square-Enix, Capcom, or Konami. Though I was pretty tired when I was trying to see if they offered newsletters.

So what game companies do you receive newsletters from?

There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.

--Moby Dick
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 07:47:20 AM »

I receive newsletters from Codemasters and I'll probably unsubscribe next time I receive one because it annoys me. Tongue It's always about Lord of the Rings Online and I don't even play that game. Cheesy
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 08:01:00 AM »

The only ones I get are from Nintendo, both US and Europe, I don't really read them anymore, though.

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 04:37:32 PM »

I get mailings from Sony, mainly because I'm a Playstation Network member, TellTale Games, Valve, and Insomniac.

I do pay attention to some game company podcasts though. Such as Insomniac Games' Full Moon Show, Top Secret: The Bionic Commando podcast by GRIN/Capcom, and Crash TV by Criterion Games.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Tan
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 04:47:30 PM »

I get newsletters from BioWare, Ubisoft (certain franchises), Xbox Canada and Sega. I used to get Konami, Codemasters and several others but with the infrequent amount of games I buy from most 3rd parties these days I've unsubscribed to most of the others because what they offer or announce is uninteresting to me.

From time to time I'll subscribe to specific game newsletters as well like when a Bethesda game is coming or an RPG I'm looking forward to.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 05:11:19 PM »

I get crap from the Warhammer online people and the AoC people. Used to get stuff from SONY.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Kimoosabi
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 11:11:34 AM »

Square Enix has a Final Fantasy XI newsletter, though it comes out once in a blue moon. I haven't played the game in well over 3 years but I still get the newsletter once every 7-8 months or so.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 12:59:37 AM »

I used to get
Nintendo
Sega
MS
Atlus
Namco/Bandai Namco
Capcom
Midway
Konami
Rockstar
Sony
EA

Pretty much i spent an afternoon a couple years ago thinking of gaming companies and checking out their websites.
I got a bunch of junk mail out of it but i also got a bunch of sweet demos too.
EA and Namco used to have surveys you could fill out or just links to click and you could get limited demos.
I think the rarest was a Sims one that only had 1,000 copies.

I need to go sign up for these things again.
(The above list is missing companies and is not necessarily accurate)

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 01:45:59 PM »

I get from Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, and Namco. I rarely read them though. The only newsletters I do read are from Animaxis and Play Asia.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length