RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 16, 2024, 09:15:33 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Racing Wheel thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Racing Wheel thread  (Read 1151 times)
Chainclaw
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« on: September 06, 2008, 05:46:45 PM »

So I want a racing wheel. Seeing as they are expensive, and there are so many options, I can't just go to the store and buy the best racing wheel.

I want the wheel to work for the PS3, 360, and the PC (I think everything that works on the 360 works on the PC).

The games I play are:
Gran Turismo HD Concept (PS3)
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (PS3 - currently renting)
Motorstorm (PS3)
Ridge Racer 7 (PS3)
Ridge Racer 6 (360)
PGR3 (360)
PGR4 (360)
Burnout Revenge (360)

I also have Excite Truck on the Wii, but I don't think you can really use a wheel for that game.

Games I plan on picking up are:
Burnout Paradise (PS3) maybe...
Forza 2 (360)
Sega Rally Revo (360)
Grid (360)
Dirt (360)
some of the Need for Speed games (360)
Stuntman Ignition (360)

I don't have a coffee table, I do have a folding table I could throw a wheel on if needed. I wouldn't mind one of those weird wheel apparatuses if I had to get one.

I am thinking $200 at most (at that price I'll probably wait until Feb to pick one up)

The official 360 wheel is $100 and includes Forza 2... but that probably won't work on the PS3.

What do you guys use?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 05:48:58 PM by Chainclaw » Logged
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 05:17:03 AM »

I think it might be difficult to find a racing wheel that's compatible with all games you listed there.

I found the Logitech G25 that's compatible with quite a few PC, PS3 and PS2 games.

There's also the Driving Force Pro which is only compatible with Playstation software but supports much more PS2 games than the G25.

I'm not sure where else to look for wheels, I don't own one myself. Maybe Microsoft & Sony make it so that wheels are never compatible with both: forcing you to buy 2.
Moriya Hanzo
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 10:23:26 AM »

the driving force GT3 wheel is awesome. I use o own it back in the day. Traded it off for a complete IQ.

cant-grow-up
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 10:54:57 AM »

i love my mad catz wheel for the 360 (doesnt really solve your ps3 hunt though) its one of the better wheels ive used over the years, the shifter is my favorite part

remembering the old times of late nights with the genesis
[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/cant-grow-up.png[/img]
wishlist:Pico-3DO-Jaguar-Nomad-Xbox-NES
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length