RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 16, 2024, 05:35:55 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Acclaim back? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Acclaim back?  (Read 1708 times)
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« on: September 28, 2008, 04:18:59 AM »

When I saw the Acclaim logo while surfing the web, I was pretty surprised.
So I decided to take a look and this is what I found.

Acclaim Games is a new company but we are fortunate to have acquired a great brand with a rich history. Below, you will find lots of really great information on why Acclaim in its previous life was a great Company. We want to bring back the Acclaim brand in all of its glory, please try our games and you will understand why the best for the Acclaim brand is yet to come.

I wonder if the Acclaim brand will have a kinder life than the Commodore brand did after the company died. Somehow I doubt it.

Tan
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 05:10:44 AM »

I believe most if not all of their best licenses were sold off. Now they are like the regurgitated Atari or Majesco, a name hoping to cash in on reputation nothing more.

Ironic, They were within months of releasing Burnout 3 before EA bought the franchise off of them. With the success of that game and the series since, it could have saved them had they held on for a month or two longer.
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 04:12:46 PM »

I wonder if anyone really misses Acclaim. They had been sucking for years before finally going bankrupt. There seems to be very little reason to bring a brand back to life nobody really cared about in the first place.
shoes23
Legendary AFK'er
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 06:44:40 PM »

I wonder if anyone really misses Acclaim. They had been sucking for years before finally going bankrupt. There seems to be very little reason to bring a brand back to life nobody really cared about in the first place.

Agreed, besides Shadowman, Turok, and the first two Burnout games,  I can't think of any decent games that Acclaim has released in the past ten years that were even remotely good.

www.questmarker.net
[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/shoes23.png[/img]
Mr. Ksoft
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 06:52:29 PM »

Wow, I'm behind.  I never even realized that Acclaim had vanished.

Interesting stuff:
Monochrome Nightmares (self-made games)
Exploding Jellyfish (self-made music)
nester
Sega 32X

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 12:18:03 AM »

Well I doubt the new company could be much worse than the old one. They're probably my least favorite of all the major publishers for NES anyway. I never got why people were so offended by Fabio appearing on the cover of Ironsword. I was much more offended by the gameplay.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 12:33:10 AM »

Acclaim really did fall into decline, but I still find it sad to lose a company.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 07:28:34 AM »

Wow, I'm behind.  I never even realized that Acclaim had vanished.
Same here. But yeah, I kind of remember how EA bought Burnout so it does make sense.
NayusDante
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 09:27:24 PM »

So now they're yet another company in the business of localizing Asian MMOs for western markets. Are any of "their" games worth playing?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length