RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 05:36:55 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Online Console Gaming 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Online Console Gaming  (Read 1690 times)
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« on: June 12, 2004, 04:40:07 AM »

Do you game online with your consoles?

I personally do not, though I have played online games on all of the current systems and Dreamcast.  For 56K, Dreamcast had awesome internet gaming, but X-Box Live really blows everything else out of the water.  Broadband-only PS2 games make me happy; 56K ones do not.  Then, there's GameCube.  Warp Pipe is an awesome project, but even with it, there's not too much online gaming with the Cube.

I honestly could care less about online games on consoles.  In fact, I'd prefer they stay on PC's and off of consoles.  When hard drives, keyboards, and mice start getting added to my gaming systems, I wonder how long it will be before the ever-dreaded ALL-IN-ONE BOX OF DEATH will come out and succeed.

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 05:16:19 AM »

I'm not interested in any form of online gaming. I like to play games my way, in my tempo. I don't want to depend on others for my fun. Since they'll most likely spoil it.

I do like the all in one box of death idea though.  I love the hard disc in the Xbox and I think it beats any memory card. I also don't mind having to use a mouse or keybard for certain games. Some games lose their fun when controlled with a joypad, because it just doesn't work as well.
thx1138
3DO

Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2004, 07:49:00 AM »

no, I like to improve against myself, not play some spotty loser who doesnt work, and spends all his time beoming perfect on a game just to beat me.

I have broadband, and my replacement PS2 arrived today. I might play online if  there was something really interesting, perhaps a GTA game that I could play online, depending on the paramters. Be no fun if I was just murdered every 30 seconds

10 PRINT "THX is still skill"
20 GOTO 10
30 REM 24th Sept 2017 ;-)

RUN
Geondp
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2004, 08:04:10 AM »

Yep.

Fuck you asshole Ill fuck you in the butt lets get DIRTY!!-Geondp
2D-Forever
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 01:53:54 PM »

I'm too cheap to buy the extra hardware to make the PS2 fun to play online. (adapter, hard drive, a game. maybe two games)  Its cheaper for me to use my comp to internet game.  AVP2 is my favorite.

-God gave us memories so we could languish in dispair.
-Once delayed, Twice dismayed.  SNK
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2004, 12:36:34 AM »

i would play online console games, but once again i have dial up and i don't feel like causing other peoples gaming time to suck.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2004, 04:44:44 AM »

Not only that, but playing on dialup isn't all that spectacular for the people using it.  I played online PC games for years on 28.8, but it was such a pain in the butt sometimes.  Broadband makes all the difference in the world.

Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2004, 01:16:51 PM »

28.8? i've got a 26.4 connection.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2004, 06:39:37 AM »

I have played PSO on the GameCube online way to much. X Box I have played online but only with people I know. I dont want somebody to "drop" because they where about to lose. The PS2 is the only system I have not played online. Iwas thinking about getting monster hunter and trying that online.

Odonadon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2004, 08:28:00 PM »

I've enjoyed the odd deathmatch game of Doom, Duke3d or Quake, but those were back in my dial-up days (years ago).  I tried EQ once on the PC, and I couldn't get into the idea that I'd have to play 3 hours a day WITH someone just to enjoy the game.  I have better things to do - I've had KOTOR for months now and I'm only 10 hours into it so far.  For me, that's a sign that I'm heavily addicted and better cut back Smiley

I've never tried an online game on my XBox, and I doubt I ever will.

OD

If Jesus were alive today I'm sure he'd own a PS2.
http://turbo2k.net - TurboGrafx-16 Megasite.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length