RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 08:12:58 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Diablo III 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Diablo III  (Read 2635 times)
ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« on: June 28, 2008, 11:51:33 AM »

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/

The first 2 were so awesome, I think I'm going to have to upgrade my shitty computer though which kind of sucks Sad
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 12:08:11 PM »

no cow level!?

I've played Starcraft, but still need to play the Diablo games.

it's thinking
Chainclaw
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 05:01:20 PM »

I really hope they fix the issues I had with Diablo 2 :
The quests for the most part sucked (half of Act 2's quests were the same as the other half, and accomplished during the process, Act 3 sucked, and Act 4 had only 3 quests. Act 5 and Act 1 were fantastic, though)
No end-game
No dedicated PvP "arena" maps, ladders, et cetera
No respeccing, so if one of your level 90s got nerfed hard, that character became a mule
Crappy inventory system, muling was very necessary
No value to the currency, this was due to the cap on how much cash you could have, and the fact that dieing lost you a lot of money

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved Diablo 2, got a ton of characters to the level 80 range, and played like crazy until botting became a major issue (I had no issue with other people botting, it just made me realize how crappy the endgame was that running a pindlebot was so appealing)
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 07:42:50 PM »

I can hardly wait Smiley

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 10:22:33 PM »

Oh...my...god...what...a...big...surprise...  Roll Eyes

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 03:27:22 AM »

The one people are really curious about I think would be WarCraft, will it stay a hugely popular MMORPG or will it go back to its roots and receive a sequel in the from of WarCraft IV?

Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 07:04:33 PM »

The one people are really curious about I think would be WarCraft, will it stay a hugely popular MMORPG or will it go back to its roots and receive a sequel in the from of WarCraft IV?
It's gonna be an MMO, mark my words. Blizzard will never bring Warcraft back to the single player world.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 08:10:56 PM »

It's gonna be an MMO, mark my words. Blizzard will never bring Warcraft back to the single player world.
Will they take the risk again?  WoW development nearly sunk the company and put all other projects on standby. 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 08:18:18 PM by OatBob » Logged

it's thinking
cyberfluxor
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 08:23:22 PM »

Although the idea of Warcraft IV is a good one, Starcraft II and Diablo III are a huge bit of a pie and WoW is on-going. An investment into another game would be like what happened to Ghost, games put on the back burner until they die. You can't starve a games development for but so long.

All aside though, wonderful news from Blizzard. Loving the clips that have become available and glad to see two of my favorite series since the mid-90's are still alive in their books.

Chainclaw:
Most of those issues were added to games since Diablo II came out not only in the form of the expansion but other knock-off games wanting to cash in on the whole Diablo game scene. I guarentee they'll improve from the last game and in another decade you'll complain about what it lacked in and what other developers have added to the genre.

Collecting CIB 5200 Atari and Sega Saturn games.
Check out my domain
I will purge your base for resources.
Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 08:48:57 PM »

Will they take the risk again?  WoW development nearly sunk the company and put all other projects on standby. 
There is zero risk involved in making WoW 2. WoW is by far Blizzard's biggest game ever and continues to rake in millions for them every single month.

Follow me on Twitter
Kimoosabi
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 09:41:08 PM »

There is zero risk involved in making WoW 2. WoW is by far Blizzard's biggest game ever and continues to rake in millions for them every single month.

I`d have to agree with Tondog, from a strictly financial standpoint, they have no reason at all to not make another MMO. With all the cash flow they have at the moment, I wouldn`t be at all surprised to find out preliminary work has already begun on a WoW 2 or something similar. They likely want something waiting in the wings should WoW popularity ever significantly dip, due to either age or finally a competitive product.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 11:05:29 PM »

Heck, if WoW ever seemed to slip they have the opportunity to turn either Diablo or StarCraft into a MMORPG as both of them had a larger following than WarCraft prior to WoW, so I would say they are sitting in a pretty nice position right now.

I'll go in a completely different direction and say I want to see another Rock 'n' Roll Racing!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length