RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 04, 2024, 05:01:51 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Arcade CD-Rom's 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Arcade CD-Rom's  (Read 1427 times)
TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« on: May 22, 2007, 02:24:30 PM »

we need to add 2 consoles/add-ons to the database.

NEC Arcade CD-Rom2
NEC Arcade Super CD-Rom2

arcade cd-rom2's require the use of an arcade card pro hucard to play them.
arcade super cd-rom2's require an arcade card duo hucard to play them.

i knew that this was going to be needing done sometime but i didnt bring it up until i had an arcade game to add to the database.

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
sharp
DB Contributor
Netherlands

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 01:56:37 PM »

You are wrong. PC-Engine is a bit different build up

HuCard -> PC-Engine or Turbografx
CD-ROM -> PC-Engine with CD -> Turbografx with CD
Super CD-ROM -> PC-Engine + CD + Super System Card or PC Engine DUO (R) or Turbo Grafx + CD + Super System Card or Turbo Duo
Arcade CD-ROM -> PC-Engine + CD + Arcade Pro Card or PC Engine Duo (R) with Arcade Duo Card

it's one system only the upgrade you need is dependend on if your system is based on a Duo or a classic PCE with CD add-on.
TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 05:49:40 PM »

um. not wrong.
you still need a arcade card to play the games. you cant just put an arcade disc in and expect it to play without the right card. the system cards are hardware, the 3.0 card being the equilivent to the duo. so the arcade games are their own just like the tg-cd/pce-cd or the scd/duo games.

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
sharp
DB Contributor
Netherlands

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 04:23:10 PM »

Both can be considered as Hardware for the Arcade CD-ROM format. Keeps thing much clearer
TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 03:14:37 AM »

i just think there should be a hardware to add games to for NEC Arcade CD-Rom. where else would i put arcade games?

500th Post!!!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 03:33:12 AM by DreamCaster » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length