RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 26, 2024, 05:19:38 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | Fan Edit Films 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fan Edit Films  (Read 2869 times)
UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« on: April 24, 2007, 10:09:56 AM »

Have any of you watched any Fanedit films? If so what did you think?

"A fan edit is a version of a film modified by a viewer, that removes, reorders, or adds material in order to create a new interpretation of the film. This includes the removal of scenes or dialog, replacement of audio and/or visual elements, and adding material from sources such as deleted scenes or even other films."

Some examples are...

KILL BILL X - A chronological, trimmer, meaner, faster, hard boiled version of Kill Bill Vol.1 & Vol.2 with
no happy Hollywood ending. (Original Runtime: 111 min and 137 min. New Runtime: 150 min.)

Matrix deZIONized - This combines Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions to one improved movie, leaving out all scenes on and about Zion. A worthy sequel to a masterpiece. (Original Runtime: 138 min & 129 min. New Runtime: 143 min.)

HEAT - THE ACTION RE-CUT - This removes almost all drama scenes from the original movie to present you a true crime movie.  (Original Runtime : 171 min. New Runtime : 120 min.)

No, it really is Bram Stoker's DRACULA
- With the love story removed from the movie this fanedit matches the book far more and is also a much darker tale of the dark prince. (Original Runtime: 128 min. New Runtime: 103 min.)

Blade Runner: ADigitalMan's Hybrid Edition
- This edit takes the international cut and removes the happy ending, leaving the ultraviolent scenes and voiceover intact. (Original Runtime: 117 min. New Runtime: 116 min.)

Pearl Harbor: Strength and Honor Edition -  By removing the love triangle this turns out to be a great action and war movie about a day the US will never forget. (Original Runtime: 183 minutes New Runtime: 128 minutes)

Star Trek - Kirkless Generations
- This is Star Trek Generations without Captain Kirk. It is a NEXT GENERATIONS movie now. Impossible? Nope. (Original Runtime: 118 min. New Runtime: 78 min.)

STAR WARS EPISODE 1: THE PHANTOM EDIT - Original Runtime : 133 min. New Runtime : 115 min.
Cuts removed/added/extended :
* removing or re-editing most scenes featuring Jar-Jar Binks
* limiting redundant exposition throughout film
* trimming reiteration of the politics
* re-arranged shots and scenes matching original trilogy presentation style
* removing "Yippee" and "Oops" from young Anakin's dialog in order to make him a stronger character

I will not provide links to where you can get these movies, but they are not hard to find with a simple internet search.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 10:42:04 AM by UNFORGIVINGPAIN » Logged
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 12:12:11 PM »

Some of those sounds good.

UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 01:00:06 PM »

I watched KILL BILL X yesterday. I thought is was very good. I would give it a 9 out of 10. It didn't feel like a Quentin Tarantino movie and it was like watching a new movie. It is a great edit, very professionally done. I would recommend this movie if your looking for a different take of the Kill Bill story.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 03:23:53 PM »

Why no links are they not legal?

UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 04:13:34 PM »

Why no links are they not legal?
I'm not sure if they are legal or not. I would guess that to be legal they would have to pay the owners of the original films. I could tell you that a website that talks about these movies is FanEdit.org

This is what FanEdit.org posted about legality.
"Our art is always connected to legal issues and rightfully so, because our edits did use material which is copyrighted. And that is where our rules come in:
1. No fanedit is ever to be sold. We are completely NON PROFIT. See further explanation for this in our forum. You may send it to others for the true price of a blank and postage, but that's it.
2. You and everyone who watched a fanedit needs to own the original DVD. Without it you commit an act of piracy (this rule is based on the same law that allows certain DVD players to alter movies for parental reasons or to the owners likings)." 
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 04:17:48 PM »

Well I own some of those movies.

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 07:49:45 PM »

Well I own some of those movies.

I agree. I would love to get a copy of a couple of these: Star Wars, Kill Bill (although there's no way I could enjoy an edit more than the originals) and The Matrix.

I will have to take a closer look into these.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 08:20:00 PM »

Sounds rad.

When shall his new form be revealed?
UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 10:55:07 AM »

I watched Matrix deZIONized last night. I was impressed with it and I agree with the faneditors who made it "it combines Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions to one improved movie". It really felt like a sequel to the Matrix.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length