RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 03:03:41 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Mii looking for a wii tonight. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Mii looking for a wii tonight.  (Read 4188 times)
Ando
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2007, 12:09:30 PM »

I really don't like the thing.

I suggest fire, and lots of it.
May I ask why exactly? You are the first person I've met to say such a thing, so I'm curious.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2007, 12:18:08 PM »

It just seems like a little gimmicky toy to me. And maybe that's what it's supposed to be, but between a PS3 and Wii, and I don't mean like if they were sitting there for free, I would pick the PS3. I'll gladly fork out the cash for what I see as the superior system.

I still feel like the Wii and 360 weren't next gen systems more than they were upgrades to last generation.

I want my system to be extreme in its awesomness, I want it to be able to get up and walk around if it wants too.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2007, 12:28:58 PM »

You are right in that it's not really meant as a total next gen system, it's more of a little side step experiment in trying out an alternative input option. Nintendo did the same thing with the DS, and look at how well that has done for them. So, they just put that philosophy to work in the console realm. Yes, it is kind of a gimmicky toy, but it's a fun one.

I do agree with you that given the choice between a PS3 and Wii, that I would rather have the PS3. I think that in time it will become the best system of the three, but as of right now, the games just aren't there. However, when MGS4, Devil May Cry 4, etc come out, then it will be amazing.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2007, 12:39:16 PM »

The choice between the two systems should be obvious.  When you walk into a store you trip over ps3's but no wii's anywhere.  I think people are choosing the "upgrade" and spending the extra cash that they save on games.  I'd love to have a ps3 but until the price drops and blu-ray proves itself as a viable format mii going with the wii.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 12:41:34 PM by Ghost Soldier » Logged

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2007, 01:18:19 PM »

until the price drops and blu-ray proves itself as a viable format mii going with the wii.

I agree with that 100%. I don't think teh PS3 is complete shit but it is not worth 600+ dollars.

Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2007, 01:20:34 PM »

I'm sure this has been said a million times, but it is pretty much worth it if you think of it as a 360 with an HD-DVD drive. Plus free online also doesn't hurt.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2007, 01:27:54 PM »

I'm sure this has been said a million times, but it is pretty much worth it if you think of it as a 360 with an HD-DVD drive. Plus free online also doesn't hurt.

I don't even think of it as a movie player. I wouldn't buy the HD-DVD add on  for the 360. If I want a Blu-Ray or HD-DVD player I would go buy a player. Free online is nice but still not as good as Live. Sony needs time to grow in the department. Plus Live is only 60 bucks a year thats really no big deal.

St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2007, 05:13:23 PM »

Maybe it's just me, but I was under the impression that the PS3 was the cheapest Blu-Ray player available.  Might be the same for the 360 and HD-DVD.  Those new players aren't cheap.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
We will always keep it on channel 3!
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2007, 05:51:54 PM »

^ The other thing is, the TV in our family room is 25 years old. Why do I need such high quality video and graphics?  I'm sure I'm not the only one who has an old TV. 

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2007, 06:34:07 PM »

Maybe it's just me, but I was under the impression that the PS3 was the cheapest Blu-Ray player available.  Might be the same for the 360 and HD-DVD.  Those new players aren't cheap.

Yes it is the cheapest Blu Ray player on the market. Or if you look at it this way liek I do it is by far the most expensive video game machine on the market.

Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2007, 07:34:24 PM »

Not only is it the cheapest Blu Ray player on the market, but according to several reviews I've read, it's the best one on the market.

Follow me on Twitter
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2007, 09:44:32 PM »

Not only is it the cheapest Blu Ray player on the market, but according to several reviews I've read, it's the best one on the market.

From what I have read it is a good one. Better then the HD-DVD add on for the 360 but I haven't read it is one of the best. Then again how many are out. laugh

I wonder how the 1200 dollar HD-DVD/Blu-Ray player from LG is?

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2007, 12:01:55 PM »

I really don't like the thing.

I suggest fire, and lots of it.
May I ask why exactly? You are the first person I've met to say such a thing, so I'm curious.

That's because Leon is a Sony fanboy.  Once you have been here awhile you realize it.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2007, 02:06:03 PM »

Well I'm a Sony fanboy  a) because of the things I said up there^ and b) because Sony has given me thousands of hours of entertainment and I won't completely turn my back on them because their awesome, rawk-on for the ages, new system costs a pretty penny.

So koo koo kachoo to you and your little dog too.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2007, 03:29:32 PM »

I won't completely turn my back on them because their awesome, rawk-on for the ages, new system costs a pretty penny.

That's only one reason to hate Sony.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length