RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 03:50:42 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Nintendo Sued for Patent Infringement 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Nintendo Sued for Patent Infringement  (Read 2901 times)
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2007, 05:23:42 PM »

I'm gonna contact whoever invented the light gun, and get them to sue Interlink electronics.
These cases are always sad.... but to sue someone because their device is used for pointing at a screen too?

It'll be like whoever invented the video game control/joystick in the 1st place suing anyone who also created any type of control that would plug into a system.

MrMark0673
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2007, 05:24:27 PM »

I actually just found a picture of the device that interlink was referring to as a "trigger operated device in the nature of a pointing device for use with an electronic system such as a computer."

[img width=617 height=800]http://www.nathankowald.com/uploaded_images/powerglove-763142.jpg[/img]

That thing is so bad!  I think they totally have a case...
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2007, 07:50:00 PM »

This sounds about as legit as any other bogus lawsuit.  Nintendo will win this, and if they don't, it's a sad day for not just gaming but everyone.

True, the patents only exist to ensure that a company is able to market products developed with their own ideas, not just choke the competition.  Nintendo should have a fairly decent chance, as the Interlink patent appears somewhat vague and the demands are high. 

BTW, I love that ad, MrMark0673.
Now you're playing with power!

it's thinking
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2007, 10:38:49 AM »

Awesome ad!

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »