RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2024, 06:24:26 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Fullsize Arcade Game Value? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fullsize Arcade Game Value?  (Read 2155 times)
UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« on: December 16, 2006, 12:41:22 AM »

I'm thinking of buying one or two fullsize arcade games. Problem is I don't know what kind of price is a good price. Below is a list of arcade games this guy has for sale. Dose anyone know the value of any of them or could anyone point me in the direction of where to find out?

Nintendo vs 2 games one large cab,(this is the one i want the most)
Soul Edge
Neo Geo 4 Cart System
lethal enforcers

Galaga
Pac-man,
Ms pac,
2 operation wolf's,
3 or 4 birdie kings ,
2 gauntlets ,
2 Leland Quarterbacks,
John Elway Quarterback,
3 video trivia,
2 q-berts,
2 tetris's,
gladiator,
pro golf,
ikari warriors,
gorf,
arm wrestling strength test game,
2 playchoice's,
bump & jump,
pole position,
karate champ,
araknoid,
araknoid in tron cab (have 2 tron boards and marquee to convert back)
tri sports,
xenophobe,
mechainized attack,
world series,
sega turbo,
vr racing 2 player sit down,
sega hang on,
space harrier,
capcom bowling,
asteroids cocktail ,
cosmic alien cocktail,
3 cheyenne's plus 1 cheyenne cab and monitor no gun or board ,
mat mania,
time pilot,
choplifter,
2 commando's,
ameri darts,
thunder blade,
victory road,
2 empty black pac cabs
Slugfest
Fish Tales
Stargate
Space Jam.
Getaway
Simpsons Data East
Doctor Who
Mario Andretti
Cheyenne
Pacman
Ms Pac
Sharpshooter
Area 51
Revolution X
T2
Sports Jam
Turbo . one Mini and one fullsize
Gauntlet
Capcom Bowling
Tempest
Golden Tee 99
Final Lap 2 player Sit Down
Bump & Jump
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 12:58:07 AM by UNFORGIVINGPAIN » Logged
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 11:17:23 AM »

If you like Ms Pac Man and it is in good shape 500 and under is a good deal IMO.

Ebay liek a lot of things is a good price guide. Also if it is a realy popular old game (examples Ms Pac Man, Galaga, Space Invader) they usually go for 500-1000 in good shape.

UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 09:46:26 AM »

If you like Ms Pac Man and it is in good shape 500 and under is a good deal IMO.

Ebay liek a lot of things is a good price guide. Also if it is a realy popular old game (examples Ms Pac Man, Galaga, Space Invader) they usually go for 500-1000 in good shape.

Thanks for responding, I will use Ebay as my price guide for these things. The guy is asking 200-500 for many of them.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 12:26:54 PM »

That seems like a good price in they are all in good condition. You might want to ask tholly about coin ops as well. I think he has gone to a few auctions for arcade games.

Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States
Awards: Tournament Winner

Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 07:19:34 PM »

I don't know how I missed this thread  Huh

The Nintendo Vs  and Playchoice machines are probably the ones that are the most valuable of the list you've given, and the one I personally would go for first...they sometimes go for alot more than $500 on ebay.

The Neo Geo cabs tend to be pricey, too and are a great bargain the more slots for carts they have...

Other pricey (more than $500) cabs are usually the more popular titles, like Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, and others...they can go for up to $1000 or more, in ANY condition...if you can find any of these in working order for less than $500, jump on it.

I've seen John Elway, Xenophobe, and AmeriDarts go for as little as $80 in good working order.

Of the list you've given, collector's would go for the Nintendo titles, Tempest, nearly any cocktail, and probably the Tron parts, especially if there's a good chance they can be converted back to their original state.

Tynstar's right, tholly and maybe Captain Nintendo (Huh) would be the experts here as I think they both have quite a few cabinets.  I've got a few, but I've only been doing the coin-op thing for less than a year and I'm still pretty green.  Wink

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 12:15:53 PM »

A good rule of thumb to go by when pricing out games, is if it was a popular game, no matter how common it is, your going to spend a bit more.  Ms Pac-Man normally goes for 500-700, and Galaga can go for over 1000, but it usually goes for 700-900.  I once saw an empty Galga cabinet go for $350.

I picked up POW and DigDug for $150 and $250 respectivley.  It's tough attach prices to most arcade machines, because plenty of them don't come up for sale that often.  The best way I've found to gauge the value of arcade machines is to attend an arcade auction.  Super Auctions holds auctions in Michigan, Wisconsin, Texas, California, and a few other states and they are the biggest company of their kind. 

Also, as a general rule, original cocktail machines will cost more than thier stand up equivilant.  I could go on for days about the price of arcade machines, but I get tired really easily.
UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 10:51:32 PM »

Thanks for responding to this thread, but my wife talked me out of getting any arcade machines at this time. We still rent a house and don't really have the room for one. So I will have to look into getting some at a later time in my life, once we buy a house. Again thanks for the feedback on this subject. Now I know and knowing is half the battle...GI JOE!!!
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 12:50:26 AM »

Arcades do take up a lot of space. I had four of them at one time but I am down to one now. The one I kept is Ms Pac Man. I told my wife when I die I want to be buried in it. laugh

UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 12:54:07 AM »

I told my wife when I die I want to be buried in it. laugh
That would be awesome!
justabum
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 12:19:26 PM »

Didn't know ms.pacman machine is worth that much.  I gave $200 for mine.  Also screwed up when I bought it cause I had the chance to buy a T2 pinball machine that was practically brand new for $600 but didnt have the cash back then or the place to put it since I was in an apartment at the time.

Wish he had a Ye air kung fu.  I'd figure out a way to get that sucker back to nebraska Smiley.
ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 10:36:27 PM »

I would get Nintendo Vs. cab, would cost a pretty penny though. 

if I were you, id make my own machine.  I have plans for a doom cabinet
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length