RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 11:33:37 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Updated game room pics 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Updated game room pics  (Read 4748 times)
Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2006, 06:54:01 PM »

I hate to be a Killjoy, but... what is the chances of your basement getting flooded?

You know I thought about that very same thing.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2006, 02:37:43 PM »

Sorry for the late replies.  Been busy lately.

There is a chance that my basement will flood, but I'm going to take precautions against it.

First of all, in the spring I'm going to try to grade the area around my house as much as possible to keep rainwater from draining towards the house.  If I can't get the proper grade, I have a drainage system planned out.

Once I get that done, I'm going to get my basement waterproofed.  It's pretty expensive to get done, but It will be worth it in the long run.

I also kept everything away from the sewer drainage in the basement.  To further keep the possibility of having a drainage backup damaging my games, I'm going to put up some drywall that will keep water away.

If all that fails, and my basement still floods, well that's what insurance is for!  Wink
Funk_Buddy
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2006, 07:07:58 PM »

A sump pump with a back up battery is a must for flooding basements.

Slowly building an ammo fort.
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2006, 07:59:12 AM »

Dry wall in a basement thats moist is a bad idea.  Mold will start to grow really quickly.  I suggest what funk said a good sump pump and some dry lock on the walls.  If all else buy some good metal shelfs (that don't rust) and store your games on them.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2006, 09:13:53 AM »

I've actually been able to keep the humidity in my basement at under 50%.  When I first moved in it was very moist, but not anymore.

I'm going to look into a sump pump.  Doesn't sound like a bad idea.  Thanks!
TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2006, 02:49:36 PM »

new photos in my profile.

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2006, 08:52:19 AM »

new photos in my profile.
Photos look pretty good.  Whats up with the red snes though ?  Interesting color combo's.  By the way I love The Lost Boys Poster 8-)

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length