RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2024, 03:29:21 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Your gaming "nerd" confessions........ 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Your gaming "nerd" confessions........  (Read 4099 times)
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2004, 02:10:45 PM »

damn that was funny.

IceBladeX
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2004, 03:07:32 AM »

The day before the Dreamcast came out (9/9/99), I went to Software Etc. at 6pm, so I would be the first in line when they released them at 12am. Of course, I was the only one in line for about 2 and a half hours. But there was a line dammit!
Also, while standing in the front of this nerd line of "I've met plenty of girls on the internet" type nerds, I attempted to pick up a girl who was getting off work from the gap. (That actually worked, unfortunetly)
Sadly, Im sure I'll repeat all this when the next wave of systems hits. But that all depends on the games at launch.

"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
IceBladeX
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2004, 03:11:06 AM »

waitasecond, repeat this story for Star Wars episode 1 and 2, but take out the picking up girl, and add in, having plastic glow up light saber fights in the dark with 300 other people standing around acting like YOU'RE the wierdo.

"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
Rejinx
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2006, 03:54:24 AM »

the old topic of the week:
my "nerd" thing his to be my love of simulation games.  It's one thing when you run to tell your wife you just scored a touchdown in madden, but it is alot more nerdy when you run to tell your wife that you just delivered your first load of coal from your mines in west Virginia to your power plant in New York (Railroad Tycoon). My name is Rejinx and I am a nerd.  ninja

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Rejinx[/img]
My Podcast: www.RetroRundown.com
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2006, 08:48:49 AM »

I get excited over a picture of a PCB. (Prototypes)

I joined an AV forum with a gaming section. My first post was telling someone off for their advice on how to clean a SNES cartridge slot. They said to put the cartridge in, take it out, put it in, etc. Reading that made me cringe. I then went on about how to clean it using a thin cloth and a credit card, and how to bend the pins back in place.

I once said "noob" out loud with other people in the room.

My name is James and I'm... more of a loser than a nerd.
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2006, 12:19:33 PM »

I didn't think I was that big of a nerd, but when I was watching South Park last night (the World of Warcraft one) with my girlfriend, so explained exactly how nerdy I am in explicit detail.

Apparently laughing at jokes made about swords that do 120 DPS and drain mana is looked down apon in popular society.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2006, 02:17:05 PM »

Before I had many real video games, like when all I had was Tetris and Falcon on my old black and white, Apple, SE-30, I used to build what I called "levels" with micro machines and lego's which an intrepid band of the coolest looking micro machine guys I had, had to traverse. I wanted to play RTS games so bad that I was doing it all manually. And, truthfully, playing with those toys and making my own "levels" was more fun than most RTS games ever are (except for the Myth series) I acted out battles and all kinds of stuff. I once built an accurate model of the Alamo with wooden blocks, and then I had the Mexicans attack. I still have hundreds if not thousands of tiny little plastic figures. If they still made Micro-Machines I'd probably still collect them.

So I guess I wasn't really a gaming nerd, I was more of a Micro Machines nerd, but I always just kinda wanted to be a gaming nerd.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 02:20:27 PM by The Maligned Samurai-san Leon » Logged

When shall his new form be revealed?
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length