RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 10, 2024, 08:03:10 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Sales Extravaganza | getting discussed with ebay 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: getting discussed with ebay  (Read 2036 times)
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« on: February 22, 2006, 11:26:01 PM »

A bunch of the last items ive watched have disappeared before the auctions ended which is really starting to bother me. I hate contacting the seller right away asking if they would sell for a set price but it seems like anymore thats the way ebay is operating. If you see something rare you better make a offer because it wont be around long. I saw bubble bobble 2 complete on 3 days ago and contacted the seller ,he said he didnt want to take a offer that he was going to let the auction run..guess what 2 days later the auction was ended early.

Anyone else been watching a auction only to see it disappear.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 11:26:26 PM by wrldstrman » Logged

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 01:42:41 AM »

Doesnt happen to me very offen. But I did email someone yesterday and ask if they would sell the item outright.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 02:56:15 AM »

It has happened a few times on some rare items I have wanted to bid on. But not enough to drive me crazy. Maybe when I am down to the last few items I need for NES, then it will become an issue.

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 07:43:53 AM »

It's happened to me before several times as well...so a couple of weeks ago I also started asking sellers whether they have a buy-it-now price (only for rare items or accessories), and two days ago a seller agreed upon one and ended an auction early for me, felt pretty nice to be honest...it was on a European eBay anyway, so doesn't have much of an effect on you guys Wink  I'll share the find (accessory) once the transaction is done...

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 12:17:40 PM »

I guess I'm pretty lucky because I haven't had it happen to me yet.  Of course the only rare games that I have been looking for on Ebay are Spaiderman and World Series Baseball for 32x, so that might have something to do with it.
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 10:47:55 PM »

saw a lot with a snow brothers manual in it i asked if he would sell the manual seperate  said  no  but now i see the auction was ended   guess someone else made a better offer..uggh

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2006, 04:15:44 AM »

I've had that happen to me several times as well....the best thing to do to prevent that is to name a price when you're asking for a BIN or to buy something separately...

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2006, 04:48:59 AM »

I've had that happen to me several times as well....the best thing to do to prevent that is to name a price when you're asking for a BIN or to buy something separately...

agreed, always give a fair amount for the game/manual or box, so the seller doesn't think your low balling him(which you probably wasn't).

So you were just missing the manual? or do you need the box as well? I will keep my out when searching eBay as well.

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2006, 05:02:53 AM »

I saw a lot with Planet Smashers CIB in it so I emailed the seller and asked if he would sell just that game for 40 bucks. He said yep, he set up a BIN auction and I won it. Now my 7800 library is done!

Planet Smashers
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 05:03:35 AM by tynstar » Logged

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2006, 06:03:47 AM »

I saw a lot with Planet Smashers CIB in it so I emailed the seller and asked if he would sell just that game for 40 bucks. He said yep, he set up a BIN auction and I won it. Now my 7800 library is done!

Planet Smashers

Nice Smiley  

It's funny that as far as I recall, every single time I simply asked for a BIN or to buy something separately, the seller refused.  Every single time that I mentioned a price, even when slightly low-balling, the seller agreed!  That's only been three or four times, though, as I don't do it unless I feel I have to Wink

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2006, 07:01:28 AM »

A loose cart and maual for Planet Smasher went for 52 bucks a few weeks ago. To my surprise when I got this game it was sealed.

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2006, 07:05:09 AM »

A loose cart and maual for Planet Smasher went for 52 bucks a few weeks ago. To my surprise when I got this game it was sealed.

Even better Smiley  it's nice when you can get something for cheaper than the going rate, especially when the seller is satisfied with the price as well Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length