RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 29, 2024, 05:15:52 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Most important game page feature 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Most important game page feature  (Read 3150 times)
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« on: January 28, 2005, 03:14:24 PM »

With over 16,000 games in the database now, and only a few people filling in all details for the games, it's hard to find out where our priorities should be. That's why I'm asking you what you find the most important part of the game pages. This way we can adapt our work (if possible) to it.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 06:51:10 PM »

I like the sccans because it helps me know what I am looking for. Might scan over something rare because you didnt look hard enough but if you knew what you where looking for it would be great.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 04:59:35 AM »

tough question. I think overviews could be most imortant to know what the game is all about. On the other hand scans and screens tell that as well, especially since an overview is usually on the back of the box. so I'll go with scans.

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2005, 05:19:51 AM »

And what would be the second most important thing? I know I've already scanned most of my games, and I believe the same goes for most other staffers.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 05:37:35 PM »

Like everyone else i am going to say scans but i am going to with hold my vote as i think multiple things are equally important.

Scans, Overview, Reviews, Trivia are all good things to have.
I stuck the trivia in there because thats just the kind of person i am. I like to know trivial unimportant facts so i can spew them off to people.

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2005, 11:18:44 AM »

Any non-staffers with an opinion?
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2005, 01:44:59 PM »

I know Laurel and I still have a decent amount of stuff to scan, so we can probably get on that.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2005, 07:30:02 PM »

I have lots and lots of stuff to scan.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2005, 04:34:53 AM »

I've still got a game or two I can scan. uh, maybe a few more than that.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2005, 06:46:13 AM »

I think scans are definatly more important.  In this hobby it is good to know what everything looks like in case you run into it in the wild.

On another note, I'm going to try to get some scans in in the next couple of weeks.  
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2005, 07:33:06 AM »

Any non-staffers with an opinion?

Well I think scans are nice. You can see pictures of the box , manuals and even maps that were included. Not to mention the game itself.

I had Scott scan a bunch of my rare stuff for the site , but I am going to pick up a scanner and begin to scan all of my complete games eventually. And I am about to pass over 400 complete NES games very soon. I have boxes and manuals for countless others.

I hope to contribute many NES items and even do reviews of them  Smiley

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2005, 08:25:43 AM »

I also agree that scans are the most important.  Not only because they can give you an idea of what to look for, but they are also useful for comparisons.  I'm sure that there are still label/box/manual variations out there for many games that a lot of collectors don't know about, and by comparing scans these can easily be spotted.  Great job so far with all of the scans, by the way!  

I have a lot of scans to contribute as well that I will start emailing sometime today...mostly rare stuff for now to fill in some of the tougher blanks.  Eventually I'll start scanning some of the more common games, if they are still needed.

Keep up the good work! Wink

-Speedy

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2005, 01:40:56 PM »

Scans for me too....I have loads of stuff to scan, and I just got done scanning a lot of Xbox stuff....I submitted a lot of it, but I want to resize the images and submit the rest.

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2005, 05:15:31 AM »

I had to go for scans also because you can find alot of the other info on other site but you really don't find that many good scans of game covers

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length