RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 01:58:14 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | I found these Atari Force comic books today.... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I found these Atari Force comic books today....  (Read 2750 times)
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« on: June 17, 2005, 05:37:53 PM »

I was at my favorite bookstore today and found a few "Atari Force" comic books which I bought on a whim. I am by no means a comic book collector, the wife is a little bit, Fantastic Four and all that, so this not the sort of thing I normally do. I useally don't even buy video game stuff which isn't games or controlers or other hardware. But anyways, maybe this comic is well known to all you guys, maybe not, I thought I'd tell you a little about it.

It was made in 1983 and is apparently about these Atari Force people who are in the future and in space. There are lots of aliens and.....I don't know, I mostly bought them to look at the ads.

There are fewer ads then I expected, each book has a couple full page ads for games like, Joust, Mario Bros., Masters of the Universe, and what not. There is also an ad for a "Video-Mitt", I'll quote it: "video players- improve your score with the video-mitt. A soft leather mitt which wraps around the players hand. One sizes fits all. Improves grip- comfortable provides support- adjustable use with home or acade games." The ad provides the address and price, $3.25 + $.50 s&h.

I might be able to scan some of this if any of you are really intrested, that could take some time as I don't have a scanner and have to use a friends.
bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 05:46:21 PM »

Nice find, those are pretty cool.  I know a couple of people around here have some of thoes in their collections.  In fact I think I just saw that Sauza won one on ebay.  If you don't want to keep them I am sure you could find someone here that would be interested in buying or trading for them.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 06:31:05 PM »

I have all 20 at home i got them off ebay a month or so ago.
I didn't take them out of their plastic cases yet.

I am sure they have already been messed around with anyways so i might as well.

I don't expect much of a story line but i never even thought about the gaming ads that might be inside.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 06:39:15 PM »

The four that I got are hardly collector quality, not that they are that bad but the edges and covers are worn. Actually none of them are bent in any way. So I suppose if someone wanted to collect them, but didn't care to find mint copies, these are a pretty good find.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2005, 04:43:50 AM »

I remember buying those when they came out. I haven't read them in years. I don't remember how many I got either, at least half the series I believe.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 08:33:57 AM »

I don't have any of the Atari Force comics, but should pick them up sometime.  I do however have a few other video game-related comics: several Tomb Raider comics, one or two Turok comics, and several Sonic the Hedgehog comics.  There may be others I am forgetting as well.  I'm not a comic collector at all, but when it comes to video game stuff, I am very interested.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 07:41:01 AM »

I've been on the look out for VG related comics for a while, and I just won issues 2-20 on Ebay.  The Atari Force comics really aren't worth anything but they are cool anyways.  How much did you pay for these?

BTW, ad scans might be something we should consider adding to the site.  It would be pretty cool, but not really that useful.
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2005, 03:57:50 PM »

I got issues 4,5,7 and 11 for 50 cents each. I have no idea if that is good or bad or what. I assume it can't be too bad.
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 06:36:42 AM »

That's damn good I'd say!  Smiley
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2005, 08:11:44 AM »

I agree with Sauza.
Mine came to 40 some odd cents a piece when i  combined the bid price and shipping price.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2005, 11:34:24 AM »

I need to dig my comics out. I know I have several Atari Force comics. I don't recall if i have any other game related comics. I bought a guys collection back in the late 80's and there were many assorted titles and many from Marvel's old Star line which were kid's comics. I may have some video game related comics and not even know it.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2005, 07:02:57 PM »

Hopefully you also have Lobo comics, since those are the best comics there are in the world.  Lobo doesn't take badass to new levels; he defines it.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2005, 05:20:17 AM »

yeah. I have a Lobo miniseries that was put out by DC Comics. Illustrated by Simon Bisley if I remember.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2005, 07:24:28 AM »

I have the Lobo Christmas Special.

Thats a classic!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length