RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 09:16:15 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | yard sale find 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: yard sale find  (Read 2060 times)
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« on: May 27, 2005, 11:32:43 AM »

I stopped by a yard sale on my way home from school and for a dollar I got

frogger
Omega race
Combat
Spiderman
Star raiders
Q*bert
Asteroids
Pitfall
Video pinball
and.......E.T. The Extra Terrestrial

I also got a Record player for $3.00.

tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 02:07:43 PM »

nice finds...i need to go to some yard sales....i hardly go to any...and the ones i go to never have any games

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 02:48:02 PM »

Very cool.
I can't believe you got one of those coveted Combat carts!

But seriously for a buck that is pretty cool.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 04:04:41 PM »

Omega Race is a sweet game. Unfortunately you need a special controller add-on to play it. The game originally came packaged with a controller that slipped over the Atari joystick that gave you an extra fire button. If you have a Colecovision you can use a controller from that system to play the game.

record player? planning on spinning some vinyl?

Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 06:40:11 PM »

I have one vinal record (the broadways), but the record player doesn't have speakers (but the plugs look like they could just be plugged into a TV) and it needs a needle for it.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2005, 08:17:10 PM »

Those plugs probably go to a receiver, though I suppose you could technically plug it into a TV.....  Never really thought of doing it but I don't see why you couln't.  Vinyl is sweet though.  I am lucky enough that the parents bought a shelf system a few years ago and got the only one Best Buy carried with a turntable.  They of course never use it, but I do all the time.  Their old collections are still around, and there is some great classic rock in there.  Dark Side of the Moon gets played alllllll the time.  Still the best album ever.  I think I'm going to listen to it right now actually....

Great find on those games, especially at that price.  Some of those may be common, but if you didn't have them before, they are well worth getting because they are of course excellent games.  Except not E.T.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length