RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 19, 2024, 06:26:55 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | I just got a Neo Geo Pocket Color! Recommend me some games! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I just got a Neo Geo Pocket Color! Recommend me some games!  (Read 1469 times)
Nico Bleackley
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« on: October 22, 2015, 04:50:45 AM »

I missed the NGPC back when it was actually out. It was off my radar and at the time my young, narrow view made me think that the Game Boy and Game Gear we're the only options as far as handheld gaming went.

I picked one up at my local retro game shop (World - 8 in LA if anyone wants to know) and I was also given KOF Round 2 on the house to make up for the lack of battery cover. Other than KOF, I can't honestly say I know that much about what games the system has to offer. I've seen prices for the carts ranging from $5-$200 online so hopefully I can find some gems in a lower price range.

I'm willing to try any genre so all games are open for consideration!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 07:53:18 AM »

I think you have to grab the Metal Slug games. They are classic Neo Geo staples. Not sure if you like golf games, but Turf Masters on the MVS might be my favorite of all time. I've never played it on the pocket, so maybe someone else could chime in if they think it's worth it.  Bust-A-Move Pocket and Puyo Pop should be decent puzzle ports as well.   

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 09:25:41 AM »

Honestly, most of the games available for the NGPC are pretty good. Capcom vs. SNK: Millenium Fight 2000 on the Dreamcast links up with the Capcom vs. SNK: Match of the Millenium game if you're willing to try out the Dreamcast-to-NGPC cable.

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 10:11:07 AM »

Dark Arms, a type of RPG, comes to mind. I really enjoyed it when I owned my NGPC. It should be really cheap, if you can find it outside of a lot.

[img width=300 height=70]https://image.ibb.co/fSULkF/Signature_zpsfvzatdip.png[/img]
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 10:34:39 AM »

I do like Turf Masters on the NGPC it's pretty cool - Samurai Shodown is pretty awesome and even Sonic is pretty enjoyable.  There really isn't a ton in the library that are bad games - the Metal Slug games are Definitely a fun time.  Fatal Fury is another enjoyable series, Dark Arms is a good RPG, and I also agree with Shadow on Capcom vs. SNK.  Have fun and enjoy! It will last longer than the Game Gear that's for sure.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Nico Bleackley
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 03:55:06 PM »

Glad to see that most of the games people are recommending don't seem to be too expensive(as far as online prices go).  World-8 had a whole tin full of them so I will be back there soon to compare.  Cap vs SNK is a must buy for me because I love that goofy Dreamcast uplink idea!

Thanks everyone!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 03:58:25 PM »

No problem, that's what we're here for. I find loose games in my area quite often, so let me know what you are looking for.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2015, 04:19:23 PM »

Also, Nico, I congratulate you on your choice of Priss & Bubblegum Crisis for an Avatar.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length