RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 05:11:27 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Argh!! Playstation memory card screws up 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Argh!! Playstation memory card screws up  (Read 2006 times)
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« on: May 06, 2005, 12:56:29 PM »

Suddenly, without warning or anything, my crappy 3d party playstation memory card screwed up. I was playing Tomb Raider 3 and when I died and wanted to load a savegame it said my memory card was empty. It then screwed up some more by messing up the buttons and giving me thousands of rockets when I restarted the level.

I had to format the card and thus lost all data on it. SHIT! I was in the second last level of Tomb Raider 3 and now I have to start all over again. This really sucks.

I'm also kindof afraid to restart in the game, since it might suddenly screw up again. But I don't have money for a replacement and I do want to finisht the damn game for once.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 01:12:11 PM »

While I do own a 3rd party Playstation memory card , I save all my favorite games to original PS cards.

That really sucks Arrr Sad

CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 01:56:36 PM »

Man...that really sucks... :-/

- Zac
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 02:37:21 PM »

Sorry dude.
All i can say is never use 3rd party stuff when you need reliance.
Just let me know it wasn't Mad Catz you were using.

I had the same thing happen once but i didn't have anything important on it or anything far in.

This hapened to me with all of my N64 memory paks(maybe 3 out of 4) 1st and 3rd party.

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 02:39:43 PM »

Thanks for the compassion guys.

I don't know the brand and I can't find the damn thing anymore. It was one of those 4 in 1 things. Never had any problems with it until now.

Is everybody sure this is the memory card's fault, and the ps2 I used? I wouldn't want it to happen again.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 02:45:17 PM »

Seeing as it is third party it could be the PS2s fault but that would only be due to the fact that it was 3rd party.

I just remembered i use my grandmothers 2 in 1 and it works excellently.
Honestly the only saving device i NEVER had a problem with.
I should find out the brand...

EDIT

Another thing i just remembered is that you can use the PS2 memory cards to back up PSone games.
I am pretty sure you can't dircetly save to one or load from a PS2 card to a psone game though.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 02:49:08 PM by IZRET101 » Logged

Sureshot
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 05:58:42 PM »

Unlucky Sad

Don't talk to me about crappy storage devices, I had 2 PC hard drives die on me in the space of a month once (one 3 weeks after purchasing).  It's not fun at all.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 05:58:57 PM by Sureshot » Logged

Me vs Gretzky
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2005, 07:53:33 PM »

Damn that sucks.  I've had trouble with 3rd party controllers, but not memory cards.  Hopefully I won't since all but one of mine are 3rd party... although I guess its no big loss considering I got most of them for free and I'm not very far on any of the games on them.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2005, 06:10:36 AM »

Thanks for the compassion guys.

I don't know the brand and I can't find the damn thing anymore. It was one of those 4 in 1 things. Never had any problems with it until now.

Is everybody sure this is the memory card's fault, and the ps2 I used? I wouldn't want it to happen again.

I remember when I sent my PS2 in for repair a long time ago , they grilled me about using 3rd party items and said that they were approved of by Sony Roll Eyes

But how long have you used this item with your PS2 ?

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2005, 06:32:18 AM »

Not so long. For a few weeks maybe. I always used to play playstation games on my playstation.

I found the card back today, it doesn't even have brand name on it.
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2005, 07:23:45 AM »

I've had nothing but problems with 3rd party memory cards.  I've had them erase 50 plus hours on two Final Fantasy games (8 and 9) and Legend of Dragoon.

I don't use anything but Sony brand memory cards now.
danvx6
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2005, 06:14:20 AM »

Tomb Raider III is a long game too... What do you think of the save crystals?  I prefer saving anytime like in Tomb Raider II.

[img width=450 height=150]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/Danvx6sigORANGE.jpg[/img]
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2005, 07:11:30 AM »

Yeah, that was a lot better. I really dislike the save crystals. At the moment I have 22 though. And I've only just begun Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length