RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 05:28:24 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Loads of errors when saving 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Loads of errors when saving  (Read 1929 times)
N64squid
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« on: August 09, 2014, 06:17:20 PM »

I don't know if this is a common issue, but I keep on getting these errors when I save a blog post. Should I just go ahead and publish it?

Low-res:
http://i.imgur.com/kHaMygT.jpg

Hi-res:
https://www.mediafire.com/?2f8n4mwq0liljoy
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 06:20:35 PM »

I got you covered.

http://www.rfgeneration.c...e-Wall-of-Errors-2749.php

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
N64squid
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 06:33:40 PM »

Thanks for getting back so fast!

[Edit]

I tried going through the instructions, but when I get to the part where it says "Click on Edit Entries.", it's all empty =/
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 06:37:40 PM by N64squid » Logged
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 09:46:05 PM »

There could be more errors that have popped up since then. Its always a good idea to save your writing on your hard drive before you try and post it so it doesn't get lost forever. Shadow can go into more detail about what's wrong and how all this broke.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
N64squid
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 03:44:42 AM »

Ok, cheers.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 12:32:25 PM »

Long story short, when we migrated servers we also updated the engine that our code runs off. Unfortunately, I wasn't aware that this was going to happen and it broke a lot of our site's functionality, including the blog system. We can disable the offending code, but it's used to remove any malicious HTML from the blogs. Fixing it requires some work, and we don't have a dev version of the site available to work in it (yet).

N64squid
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 04:48:28 PM »

Does that mean that if I hit 'Save and publish', it will still publish correctly? That's what I'm worried about.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 05:24:27 PM »

Since I've never done it as a non-Staff member, I couldn't tell you (it's off for Staff). I'll let SirPsycho chime in on that one.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 07:52:26 PM »

Does that mean that if I hit 'Save and publish', it will still publish correctly? That's what I'm worried about.

That's how I did it before I became an official blogger. Save and publish, then go to edit if it doesn't popup and publish it again.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length