RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2024, 04:23:08 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | 007 james bond games 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 007 james bond games  (Read 2128 times)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« on: July 13, 2014, 04:27:25 PM »

would anyone be opposed to all james bond games having the 007 prefix? i find it annoying when they're all over my list but i keep them all in one place on my shelves. most of them have 007 in the title anyway, so it would just mean ones like Goldeneye 007 would be titled 007 Goldeneye in the database instead.

i was going to start submitting title edits for these as i found them but figured i would see what the general opinion on this is.
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 04:45:24 PM »

I would be.  I think they should be titled as the developer/published intended.  007 Goldeneye sounds odd.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 05:00:09 PM »

From Russia With Love also has the 007 after the title.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 05:30:57 PM »

but with james bond games 007 seems to be almost like "the" in other titles, where it doesn't really matter if it's there or not, it's just either a prefix that can get moved to the end with a comma before it. it would just be nice with certain ambiguous series titles like this to make it so that they sit together nicely.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 07:32:33 PM »

After checking it seems that GoldenEye games and James Bond 007 are the only 2 games that don't already follow your proposed (IMO incorrect [no offense meant]) format.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 07:47:03 PM »

Publishers just aren't consistent on titles, e.g. "Hasbro" Family Game Night 3 and Family Game Night 4. Just take it in stride and order your collection as you see fit.

No
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 05:20:13 PM »

Regarding the Bond games, some have 007 at first, some have it in the middle, some have it at the end and others don't have one at all. Thinking about it though, it really does depend on the game in this case and it is inconsistant due to that the cover, the spine and the title screen might differ even between versions of the game:

Ones that have it on first: 007 Bloodstone (PS3/360 display it as James Bond 007: Bloodstone), 007: Agent Under Fire (spine has it in the middle as James Bond 007 in Agent Under Fire), 007 Night Fire, 007 Shitou (JP name of The Duel), 007 Racing, 007 Legends, 007: Everything or Nothing (spine has it in the middle as James Bond 007 in Everything or Nothing), 007: Quantum of Solace, 007: The World is Not Enough (spine drops 007 as a title), 007: Tomorrow Never Dies (spine drops 007 as a title).

If it counts as a Bond game, 007: James Bond in The Stealth Affair.

Ones that have it in the middle (technically): James Bond 007: The Duel, GoldenEye 007: Reloaded, James Bond 007 in The Living Daylights: The Computer Game (Spectrum version title screen is 007 in The Living Daylights), Ian Fleming's James Bond 007: Live and Let Die: The Computer Game (C64 title screen just has the film title, Spectrum title is James Bond 007 in Live and Let Die), James Bond 007: The Spy Who Loved Me (the C64 title is The Spy Who 007 Love Me, the Atari ST/Amiga version has a similar intro to GoldenEye N64 [movie rating info, James Bond intro] so in this case is the movie name), James Bond 007: A View to a Kill (PC).

Ones that have it on the end: GoldenEye 007, James Bond 007 (both the Parker Brothers and the Nintendo games), From Russia with Love: 007 (spine drops the 007 part).

A View to a Kill: The Computer Game and Licence to Kill (except a budget reprint) don't use 007 as a title. Neither does GoldenEye: Rogue Agent if that counts.

As for how you arrange your collection, it is completely up to you (mine are arranged as written on the spine).
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 05:26:31 PM by Furnessly » Logged
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 07:32:20 PM »

Just like books, people tend to group series and disregard spines, and other tend to group by spines. It depends on how you feel comfortable doing it, and often times it shows an interest in the particular series if you group it by series rather than an interest in the total if you group it by spines. Just like I'll go between ordering by Originals in one section, Best Sellers in another section, and separate by region for my Xbox 360 section... and then just combine them all the next time. Depends on my mood and if I have people coming by often, since it helps to find things by alpha if you aren't familiar. Wink

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length