RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2024, 04:01:24 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | What's included in the games 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What's included in the games  (Read 2187 times)
Dav1d
N-Gage

Stats
« on: November 05, 2013, 07:36:59 PM »

I wish their was a description of what originally came with each game on here.  like maps and posters.

If a game originally came with a poster or map I don't consider it complete.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 08:09:23 PM »

it's really hard to know exactly everything that originally came with a game unless people with sealed copies are willing to open their games up and check.

that being said, everything like maps and posters and all other extras are listed under the "extra media" section of each entry.

here's one i submitted everything to which i know is complete:
http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-115-S-08672-A
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 08:44:52 PM »

I wish their was a description of what originally came with each game on here.  like maps and posters.

If a game originally came with a poster or map I don't consider it complete.

I'm the same way. There are various circles within the gaming community that are trying to document what came with certain releases by opening sealed copies, but as you can imagine it's slow progress and essentially impossible with systems like the Atari 2600, where some releases had 6+ manual revisions, 3 box revisions, 5 cart revisions, etc.

The Extra Media field is nice to have as a reference, but it doesn't document what comes with the game unless a kind soul puts up scans of what came with theirs.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 10:54:50 PM »

Since the database here is made up of user submissions, what is in the database depends on what people here put into it.

You can add those things if you like.

I try and scan images of whatever is in the box I own. That way a person can look at the entry for that game and be like, "hmmm, I have that registration card and that flyer but I'm missing that other flyer and I have a catalog that's not shown" This might not be perfect, but at least it's not likely to be wrong. Showing what I have doesn't necessarily say it is complete but it does help.

Here is a game I did with lots of extra stuff:

http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-016-S-09940-A

Do I know if it is complete? No - although I think its likely in this case - but it does help out whoever looks at it in the future.

I think the key to your original suggestion is that we are just a bunch of people adding things as we go. Would it be cool if we put every bit of everything in the database? Sure. But give us some time to work on it, the pay here isn't very good   Tongue
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 10:30:59 AM »

No kidding on the pay. I'd work on the site all day, every day if it paid.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 10:42:35 AM »

You did before your bosses said you couldn't work on their dime for someone else Wink

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 11:03:44 AM »

You did before your bosses said you couldn't work on their dime for someone else Wink

[img width=600 height=523]http://vladspears.com/media/image/compiling600w.png[/img]

Dav1d
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 08:43:28 AM »

My basic suggestion is that if it came with a Poster, Map, etc. there would be another check off column for those things.  Qty, Box, Man, Map, PST, etc.
Dav1d
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 09:22:28 AM »

Overlays, Screen Covers,....
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 01:03:52 PM »

No. (Hence why no one has responded in my absence.)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length