RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 06:30:31 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | Split Second, Odyssey2 & a few more TRU scraps 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Split Second, Odyssey2 & a few more TRU scraps  (Read 1634 times)
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« on: March 06, 2005, 11:14:16 AM »

This weekends hunting proved fairly successful. Nothing jawdropping but I got a lot for my money.

I found the old Parker Brothers LED game Split Second complete with box and manual for $.75 cents. I had this as a kid (still do) so spotting one with a nice minty box was pretty exciting.

Catrap - Gameboy - loose - $4
John Madden Football - Genesis - complete - $4
NBA Live 96 - Genesis - complete - $4

Football - Odyssey2 - complete - $2
Basketball/Bowling - Odyssey2 - complete - $2
UFO! - Odyssey2 - complete - $2
Attack of the Timelord - box and manual only - FREE!

Acclaim LCD handheld Arch Rivals - complete - $4

a Sonic the Hedgehog childrens book "the Secret Admirer" - $.60

and today I was at TRU and grabbed a few things still lingering from the 90% sale. I got the Sega Sports Bundle for Dreamcast for $2 and a couple more strategy guides. Tru Crime Streets of LA and X2 Wolverine's Revenge.

also grabbed a few cheap PS2 games:

Chaos Legion - $8.98
Eye Toy Groove - $8.48
Gladius - $7.48

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2005, 11:28:27 AM »

John Madden Football - Genesis - complete - $4
NBA Live 96 - Genesis - complete - $4

Those prices sound a bit steep.

a Sonic the Hedgehog childrens book "the Secret Admirer" - $.60

When i bought this book it cost my 5 bucks i think.
I still have it and the one that came after it Up Against the Wall.
I don't have the first one though.

Chaos Legion looks like a strange game the display i have really doesn't give you any type of info on it as for gameplay or anything. If you try it let me know whjat you think of it.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005, 01:21:02 PM »

Those prices sound a bit steep.

maybe a little but they were immaculate and I needed a boxed Madden 93. the thrift I got them at ranges from $1.95 to $3.95 on boxed games. Rarity has no bearing, it's just the whim of whoever is pricing them. I got MUSHA and Phantasy Star III for the same price a while back. $5 and under for any complete Genesis game is fair to me. MOre than $5 and I'll pass on the common stuff.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 08:14:57 AM »

Nice finds, Den.  I always get a little excited when I find a GameBoy game, because it seems that so many of them end up getting lost in the bowels of basements and bedroom closets everywhere.

Those two Genesis games may have been a few dollars more than I would have normally paid, but big deal.  It all evens out for you in the end, I'm sure.  Getting MUSHA and Phantasy Star III at that same price were a steal, so paying an extra $2 on Madden wouldn't bother me either if I had bought them at that price.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2005, 09:57:01 AM »

Nice finds Den. I love finding CIB Genesis games in the wild that I need.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2005, 09:55:18 AM »

Chaos Legion looks like a strange game the display i have really doesn't give you any type of info on it as for gameplay or anything. If you try it let me know whjat you think of it.

It's not bad. It's pretty much a hack n slash but you get these power ups that are basically extra guys that jump in to help in battles. they have different powers depending on what's needed. archers for distance battles, swordsmen for mele's and so on. you have to build up something called soul power before you can tap a button to bring them into a fight. once the soul power runs out they disappear. Nice graphics and the difficulty is not bad. Worth the paltry summ I paid for sure.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2005, 11:05:13 AM »

Very cool.
I am going to have to pick up a copy of the game to match the counter display i have.
I enjoy playing games like that.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length