RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 03:13:48 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Best Buy 2 for $30 XBOX Platinum Hits 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Best Buy 2 for $30 XBOX Platinum Hits  (Read 1300 times)
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« on: February 13, 2005, 11:52:00 AM »

sale is also for PS2 Greatest Hits and Game Cube Player's Choice. Typical sale, nothing new but here's the heads up:

the 2 for $30 includes the Tom Clancy Classic Trilogy. This pack has 3 games in it, not the 2 on 1 like Sega GT/ JSRF or Tetris Worlds/Clone Wars. It's got 3 separate disks, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six 3. It retails at $40 but since it's labeled "Platinum Hits" it counts in this sale. That's a nice deal, those 3 games for $15.

shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 12:44:48 PM »

thanks for the heads up den. :rock:
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 06:18:26 PM »

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but unfortunately the Tom Clancy trilogy is not part of the 2 for 30 Platinum Hits deal. If you look closely at the ad, it says "Individually priced at 19.99 each". That little statement dictates the Platinum Hits subject to the 2 for 30 deal are those titles priced at 19.99 and those titles only. If you try to bring the Tom Clancy Triple pack  up to the register it will not give it the 2 for 30 price. Still nonetheless, it's not that bad of a deal, I may consider picking up some games.

Hello World.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 05:00:43 AM »

I got it as part of the 2 for $30. I even asked a guy on the sales floor since it seemed like too good a deal. When I took it to the register they even pulled the ad, I guess he didn't read the fine print. It never hurts to ask.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 03:03:49 PM »

Wow, I'm surprised, I say kudos to you for getting them to do it. I know I had denied it to someone because of the fine print (and the fact the register didn't automatically recognize the deal, which normally is a red flag). Again I say kudos.

Hello World.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 03:46:33 PM »

As an FYI i got this Email the 10th so the deal is already going
When we say we pay more for your trades at Game Crazy, we mean it. Starting this Friday, we'll give you an additional $10 trade bonus when you trade in any two XBox, PS2, Game Cube or Nintendo DS games. Use that extra $10 bucks worth of credit on any used product in the store. See store for details, visit Game Crazy.com for store locations and hours. Maximum bonus is $10 per transaction. limit one bonus offer per customer per day.*

Maybe you can even turn a bit of a profit?

Great job on beating the system Den.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 03:47:23 PM by IZRET101 » Logged

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2005, 05:09:12 AM »

I didn't do it intentionally. I did ask 2 employees, a guy on the sales floor and at the register. Like I said, it never hurts to ask.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length