RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 08:42:59 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | Sealed NES Find "in the wild" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sealed NES Find "in the wild"  (Read 2815 times)
philosophyst
N-Gage

Stats
« on: February 03, 2005, 08:20:23 AM »

I recently found a sealed Where In Time Is Carmen San Diego NES game with the large, heavy box and the Desk Encyclopedia inside at a swap meet for $3.  It is by far the most amazing NES find that I have come across while "Out and About".  I'm not sure of the rarity or value of it but to just find this laying down on a blanket amongst some old PC games was a site I won't soon forget.  You know that feeling when your heart almost drops but you want to keep your composure so they don't raise the price.  I love to find things like this!  

Just wondering if anyone else has found a factory sealed NES game "in the wild" (swap meet, garage sale, etc).  

Oh, I guess the next best NES find was my top loader at a garage sale.  They were asking $25 and there were a couple people around so I don't try to barter....I just handed it over.  Unfortunately, it didn't come with the dog bones but I soon found out that the Nintendo.com store still sells them so now I have two.
thx1138
3DO

Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 08:22:26 AM »

I have, kinda, about 5 doizen, but it was at an auction, and I paid V.A.T (sales tax) which means it was probably surplus stock from a store

10 PRINT "THX is still skill"
20 GOTO 10
30 REM 24th Sept 2017 ;-)

RUN
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 08:47:28 AM »

I found a huge sealed lot while on vacation in OR last  year. Most of the games where sealed. If you wanna see what I founf drop me a PM.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 08:54:10 AM »

I have several factory sealed nes games , but most of them were purchased from other games. One of my best "in the wild" finds ever was a Starfox Super Weekend cart that I found at a local EB Games for 12.99.  Smiley

I have found tons of other rarities and sought after stuff in the wild as well  Wink

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 09:21:45 AM »

Bad captain you did not have an answer to the real question.

I have 2 NES sealed games i got for free.
I might have bought 2 but don't quite remember anymore.
I know i bought at least one

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2005, 09:35:07 AM »

:punked:
Bad captain you did not have an answer to the real question.

I have 2 NES sealed games i got for free.
I might have bought 2 but don't quite remember anymore.
I know i bought at least one

I bought at least one from Games Plus before they sold out. And Where in Time is Carmen San Diego isnt super rare , but its a nice little game to have complete :rock:

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2005, 09:42:50 AM »

I've never found any sealed NES games in the wild. I have found a few for other systems though. nothing rare that I recall. Seeing sealed games on ebay doesn't surprise me, finding a sealed Defender for the 2600 at a Salvation Army did. Not that's worth anything, just the fact that someone kept it that long unopened then just dumped it at a thrift.

philosophyst
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2005, 09:54:18 AM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eB...;rd=1&ssPageName=WD1V

I just thought to look on ebay to see if someone had this game complete...I was wondering what was exactly in my sealed box and what was making it so heavy.  This explains it:

"IT ALSO HAS A FREE 1,374 PAGE DESK ENCYCLOPEDIA WITH IT"

Shocked 1,374 pages!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2005, 09:55:06 AM by philosophyst » Logged
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2005, 09:57:01 AM »

encyclopedias can be quite hefty.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2005, 10:40:29 AM »

I found a sealed Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy in the wild. The rarest wild sealded game was Dice Puzzle for the 2600.

bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2005, 06:33:47 PM »

My thrift store visits have yielded a few sealed games, mostly common 2600 and INTV games (and I seem to remember an SNES game once).  I did find a couple of sealed Arcadia 2001games once and a sealed set of NES controllers for $1 each.  Some of my best thrift store finds were my NES Top Loader w/15 games for $20, the Coleco KidVid recorder for the 2600 for $3 and the Arcadia/StarPath SuperCharger for the 2600 boxed with an additional boxed game for $5.  I just love finding thing like that just sitting on the shelf next to stuff like a broken VCR or a coffee maker with no pot.  The funny thing is they usually price the broken VCR higher then the stuff I want!!

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2005, 07:28:29 AM »

Hooray!  I've actually found something that Den hasn't!  Too bad the sealed NES games I bought a few months ago were pretty common - Dash Galaxy in Alien Asylum and Top Gun: The Second Mission.

About Carmen SanDiego - When I was a kid and didn't feel like playing Where's Waldo?, I would actually pull out Where in Time is Carmen SanDiego and use the encyclopedia to play on Saturday afternoons once cartoons were over.  Sad, but true.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2005, 07:30:07 AM by admin » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length