RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 16, 2024, 02:25:52 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Revolution X for PSX standard controller only? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Revolution X for PSX standard controller only?  (Read 1425 times)
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« on: January 03, 2013, 01:26:23 PM »

I keep the larger part of my collection at my parent's house which is about 10 minutes from my house.  As much as I'd love to have it in my house, my parent's basement is waterproofed and mine is not.

I stopped by to grab Revolution X for the PSX last night to show my wife and I noticed that the box doesn't mention light gun support.  I know it was very early in the PSX lifespan when the game came out but I can't imagine playing Rev X without a gun.  Does anyone know  how many of the home versions of Revolution X support some sort of light gun?

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 01:54:47 PM »

According to wikipedia:

"None of the home versions is light gun compatible. The Super NES and Sega Mega Drive ports tone down the blood and the exotic dancers (also played by Kerri Hoskins) who were showing off their thongs have been turned around so they are facing the screen. CD-based console versions feature more blood, but the dancers are still facing the screen."

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 01:58:39 PM »

According to wikipedia:

"None of the home versions is light gun compatible. The Super NES and Sega Mega Drive ports tone down the blood and the exotic dancers (also played by Kerri Hoskins) who were showing off their thongs have been turned around so they are facing the screen. CD-based console versions feature more blood, but the dancers are still facing the screen."

That's too bad.  I'll have to get the arcade machine.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 02:30:11 PM »

I have never played the arcade version. Only PSX and (primarily) SNES.

That is another gem (that no one else seems to like) that i would love to have a cab for.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 02:31:41 PM »

I have never played the arcade version. Only PSX and (primarily) SNES.

That is another gem (that no one else seems to like) that i would love to have a cab for.

There is one available on craigs about an hour from me.  Sent the email, just have to wait to see what he wants for it.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 10:34:30 AM »

Guy called me about the Rev X cabinet.  Said last time he turned it on it worked fine but it's not turning on now.  Might be a good way to get it for cheap if he doesn't sell it for parts.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 11:35:12 AM »

Could be a blessing if you can fix it up yourself!

Hmm maybe i should see about borrowing someones pickup and offering the guy 100$s for it :-P

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 03:18:58 AM »

I remember being majorly bummed that the Saturn version wasn't light-gun compatible. I was looking so forward to playing it too. With the Saturn light-guns out not too long after launch (thanks to Virtua Cop) it can only be described as a lazy port not to support them.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length